Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » AVID fans of the TV game show Jeopardy!, do you think the 2nd and 3rd place contestants should receive their posted amounts as a prize

AVID fans of the TV game show Jeopardy!, do you think the 2nd and 3rd place contestants should receive their posted amounts as a prize

instead of just $2,000 and $1,000 respectively that they currently receive?

~

Posted - July 16, 2019

Responses

• That would ruin the game.  Terrible idea.
      July 16, 2019 9:23 PM MDT

How would it ruin the game?
    ~
      July 16, 2019 9:23 PM MDT

• They way people play would be totally different. It would remove so much incentive to try and come in first. Final Jeopardy would be pointless on many games.  Especially in close ones.
      July 16, 2019 9:28 PM MDT

Thanks for your perspective, I just don’t see it, I don’t see ruination. 

I posed the question because I see contestants doing so well throughout the whole game only to walk away with those low amounts after having raked in hundreds or thousands of dollars. At least get whatever amount you earned during the game, that’s all I’m proposing. The top winner will (would) still be crowned champion and take the lion’s share that she or he had earned, and so would the other two contestants.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at July 17, 2019 7:27 AM MDT
      July 16, 2019 9:45 PM MDT

• That's what makes it a high stakes game though.  It isn't just a rewarding on your quiz score.  What do you get for actually winning?  Just bragging rights?  
    The betting and careful betting is part of the game.  This idea means their is no incentive to risk your earnings to win the game.
    You're turning it into a game of.participation trophies
      July 16, 2019 9:48 PM MDT

Once again, thank you for your perspective. 

~
      July 16, 2019 9:51 PM MDT

• Welcome.  It's never a problem 
      July 16, 2019 9:52 PM MDT

I do.....like Wheel of Fortune.
      July 17, 2019 5:09 PM MDT