Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "If trump is re-elected he will put journalists in jail". Any of you doubt that? Why?

"If trump is re-elected he will put journalists in jail". Any of you doubt that? Why?

Posted - July 22, 2019

Responses

Lol. No. 

But Obama did prosecute journalists he did not like.  Funny how everything Trump is accused of and shown not to have done.....the left has done themselves.
      July 22, 2019 6:04 AM MDT

Haha not sure how he would accomplish that!
      July 22, 2019 6:16 AM MDT

Like officegirl, I'm not sure how he would accomplish that.
    He'd have to charge ... and convict ... them of a federal crime.

Also, we don't have enough jail space for actual criminals.
    So the system regularly releases "minor offenders" to maintain prison/jail populations.
    Where would he put all the journalists?
      July 22, 2019 8:09 AM MDT

No he wouldn't Walt. You forget there is no longer a JUSTICE system with rules and regs and precedent. There is only the lapdogpuppetbillybarr who is the TOP legal ossifer. He has already shown his contempt disdain for the rule of law. What makes you think anything will change? The Senate won't  do a dam* thing to change anything unless the Dems get the majority there. Congress has a Dem majority but whatever they do will die in the Senate. You know that. You are operating on what used to be not what is and what will be is gonna be a whole lot worse. I GUARANTEE IT!  He will put them in kennels and cages of course. What's good enough for babies and infants and toddlers and others who seek asylum will be good enough for journalists. Tent cities in the desert I expect will magically materialize. Rule of law be dam*ed. It's dead! Thank you for your reply! Wait and see. This post was edited by RosieG at July 23, 2019 2:31 AM MDT
      July 23, 2019 2:30 AM MDT

I have said for years that we haven't had a JUSTICE system for decades.
    We have a LEGAL system, that doesn't care about justice.
    And it reached the point long ago, that the legal system actually promoted injustice.

Let's face it, under a justice system, cops who killed unarmed suspects (or criminals, even) would be tried for murder.
    Under our legal system, they are protected individuals not subject to the same laws as everybody else.

July 23, 2019 7:35 AM MDT