Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Do you know what a Phyllophaga is? Pronounced Feel-o-Fag-a! It has nothing to do with Homos. Its a scientific term, in case U don't know!

Do you know what a Phyllophaga is? Pronounced Feel-o-Fag-a! It has nothing to do with Homos. Its a scientific term, in case U don't know!

Phyllophaga is a very large genus (more than 900 species) of New World scarab beetles in the subfamily Melolonthinae. Common names for this genus and many other related genera in the subfamily Melolonthinae are May beetles, June bugs, and June beetles.[1][2] They range in size from 12 to 35 mm (0.47 to 1.38 in)[1][2] and are blackish or reddish-brown in colour, without prominent markings, and often rather hairy ventrally. These beetles are nocturnal, coming to lights in great numbers.

The generic name is derived from the Greek words phyllon (φυλλον), which means "leaf", and phagos (φαγος), which means "eater", with a plural ending.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllophaga

m2c is out of control for moderating this in another thread. 
She needs to be stopped.  This over-reaching is not good for the site.
Its my opinion and I have a right to state it.

Posted - July 24, 2019

Responses

Gosh...what a coincidence. I always have a wiki tab ready and that is the article in the tab. How did you know?
      July 24, 2019 5:59 PM MDT