Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Beta O'Rourke says that Andrew Johnson was as big a racist as Trump. WHO WAS Andrew Johnson anyway?

Beta O'Rourke says that Andrew Johnson was as big a racist as Trump. WHO WAS Andrew Johnson anyway?

Posted - July 31, 2019

Responses

• Lincoln's Democrat VP who became the 17th pres.  Opposed the 14th Ammendment and was against granting ex-slaves citizenship and protection in favor of rapid reunification.  Was impeached by the House but was saved in the Senate.

Jump to the year 2019 and Beto is one of many who needs to get out of Tulsi's and Bernie's ways so we can have candidates worth a damn for once. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 31, 2019 11:05 AM MDT
      July 31, 2019 10:39 AM MDT

Beta made a good point today.  He beat Trump in Texas in the polls.  By a lot.  That is no reason to pick O'Rourke, but that speaks volumes regarding our ability to take Texas.  I hope the stupid Texans won't quash Bernie or Elizabeth because they didn't get to choose Beta.  GOD HELP us.  

Tulsi doesn't have a prayer in hell. She needs to leave as well.  Sorry, Tulsi.  I like you but no one knows you.

I cannot believe what you said about Johnson.  WHAT PART OF THAT STORY IS NOT AN EXACT MIRROR OF TRUMP?  Besides how he got in.  But it was as big a "fluke" as Trump and just as horrific.
      July 31, 2019 10:44 AM MDT

• She's one of the only ones taking on real issues with actual solutions.  Warren?  Meh,  She's a panderer with nothing to really get behind. All emotion.
      July 31, 2019 10:46 AM MDT

That is your perception, but Elizabeth is corny. She is BRILLIANT. She is no panderer of ANYTHING.

I beg to differ.  Tulsi would work in someone's cabinet.  She neither has the power nor the chops to do much against the masses of those who are clueless and have no clue what she proposes.  Too soon for the ignorant masses.  

Elizabeth is a tried and true candidate who takes on EVERYONE. She was AMAZING taking down that idiot who runs HUD and she does it each and every time she needs to be on the attack.

She would be magnificent against Trump and so would Kamala Harris and so would Bernie.

The others are just window dressing to me getting ready for their next chance in 20/24

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 31, 2019 11:06 AM MDT
      July 31, 2019 10:51 AM MDT

• Kamala is nothing short of a neocon authoritarian.  The last thing we need is a lawyer.  Another shade of Hillary.

Warren is a text book pandered.  Her whole platform is based on emotional pandering and intersectional identity politics bullcrap. 

Those want a to takle the industrial prison and military complexes, hold Washington accountable,  deescalate imperialistic interventionism, improve infrastructure,  help.control the for profit medical system, limit the banks, and has sound and fair economic principles.  Her only problem is the DNC corporate connection.
      July 31, 2019 11:02 AM MDT

I love Hilary. I don't know what neocon means or how she is an authoritarian.  Trump is an authoritarian.  Kamala Harris is not my choice.  But she is a contender and calling her nonsense names that mean nothing doesn't help your cause.

I still cannot fathom all this hatred for Hilary Clinton.  Never got that one.  She was a candidate that, had she run against Bush, would have won.  Because?  She is slightly better than he is.

Kamala Harris is a progressive that does not have my total confidence.  She says health care is her deal but  I don't think she really sees what her plan actually is.  She'd better solidify her flip-flops because she is starting to come across as someone who is flip-flopping at the wrong time.

Hating someone because they know how to debate?  This is what we NEED now.  This is a PLUS not a minus.  Bernie, Elizabeth and Kamala know how to debate.

That is what resonates.  Joe Biden?  We'll see what his folksy brand of love for all brings to the table tonight.

July 31, 2019 11:10 AM MDT

• Kamala is not a progressive by any stretch. Neither is Biden. Nor was Hillary.
    If you don't what's authoritarian about Kamala may Be you should study her history a little bit. Putting parents in jail because their kid slipped school?  Nice one Kamala.

Maybe its because she was a flip flopping  and self serving politician who never really stood for anything but her own perceived entitlement to office.  She consistently flip flopped and talked out if both sides of her mouth as it suited her ( much like Trump).  A commited expansionist and warhawk.   A soulless bird esophagus about assassinations and getting paedophile friends off.  A power hungry brat who felt so deserving and entitled she screwed over Bernie and stole the DNC primary by cheating and was stated with her pale Pelosi about how happy they were Trumpbone the GOP because they felt it helped HILARRY's chances of winning.   Cared more about her chances than giving the people a good election choice.  Putting herself and the party above the well being and benefit of the country and its people.  She gave us Trump through cheating and has the gall to say Bernie screwed her.  Lmao.

I honestly don't think y'all want anything new or progressive,  y'all just want to go back to the Bill Clinton years and pretend that's progress and that nothing is wrong, because its presented in a more palatable manner, meanwhile nothing is different .
      July 31, 2019 11:21 AM MDT