Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When you disagree with the views of others (excluding those who adore chump) are you condescendingly dismissive and insulting? Why?

When you disagree with the views of others (excluding those who adore chump) are you condescendingly dismissive and insulting? Why?

What makes you think your views are so superior to those of others? Did it ever occur to you that YOU COULD BE WRONG? If not then that is a very sad place to be to me. That is the view of the dumbunnyjacka** "prez", His way or the highway. Sheesh.

Posted - August 9, 2019

Responses

No.  I just YELL.  
      August 9, 2019 10:26 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Geez that tickles the he** outta me Sharon! Honestly! I'm still giggling. You know what? You just inspired a question. You will know it when you see it. Thanks!
      August 10, 2019 4:24 AM MDT

I disagree with pretty much everything Trump haters have to say but I try not to be condescending, dismissive and insulting about it. Although I do slip up on occasion. But then I sometimes disagree with Trump supporters as well without resorting to condescending, dismissive and insulting remarks. I don't think my views are superior to anyone else's views but they are just as valid. I disagree with most everything you say in regards to politics but your views are just as valid as the views of others. There are times though when some people's views reach well beyond the realm of common sense and common decency. The spiral downward into hostility and caustic hatred usually destroy any hope of salvaging a discussion. It's then that I simply say enough is enough and walk away.  :)
      August 9, 2019 10:43 AM MDT

Do you disagree with people who are begging Trump to release their parents who were ripped from their homes?   These people are brown and children.  So they don't matter right?

I don't care what people like you disagree with.  And I don't care what people like you think about being polite.   You don't care about anything regarding human rights, so you are not polite no matter how you comport yourself.  
      August 9, 2019 10:48 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 10, 2019 6:14 AM MDT

She never mentioned anything about people begging Trump to release their parents. I kept my answer in the context of the question. However, you didn't keep your comment within the context of my answer. That said, your comment would be valid if we were actually talking about people begging Trump to release their parents. :)
      August 10, 2019 10:05 PM MDT

You said "I don't think my views are superior to anyone else's views but they are just as valid."

So you think there is no such thing as the correct answer to a question?
      August 9, 2019 11:17 AM MDT

To whom are you directing this tom? Where did I say what you said I said? Please enlighten me if I am your target. If not okey dokey. I see. I think you meant this for Shuhak. This post was edited by RosieG at August 10, 2019 12:44 PM MDT
      August 10, 2019 6:15 AM MDT

Not you, Rosie---it's a quote from rusureamisure?'s answer.
      August 10, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

I try very hard not to be condescending or insultive.  To be such is a sign of a closed mind.  I may know many things, but I don't know everything, and a closed mind cannot learn or change.  It is arrogant for one to think that they have all the answers or know everything.  
    On the other hand, my mind isn't so open that I will blindly accept any and every thing others say as fact.  If I can be wrong, so can others.   When I'm presented with a viewpoint/opinion different from mine, I try to weigh the facts, figures, evidence (and such) on both sides to determine (in my mind) who's right and who's wrong; if either is true.  If, after examining all data, my conclusion is that I was wrong, I will change my position.
      August 9, 2019 11:29 AM MDT

There a saying I heard many years ago---If one is going to have an open mind about certain things, one should probably keep one's  mouth shut.

I disagree completely with your assertion that "To be such (condescending or insultive) is a sign of a closed mind."

August 9, 2019 11:46 AM MDT

When one is condescending or insultive to another who has a different viewpoint, it can mean that they already "know it all" (theirs is the only viewpoint).  That is (usually) the sign of having a closed mind.

However, if one is convinced of their viewpoint (after having examined all the facts, figures, evidence (etc.) and determined that they are correct), opposing a different viewpoint is NOT having a closed mind.
      August 9, 2019 12:27 PM MDT

Or it may actually mean that there is only one accurate viewpoint.  

And judging people who may be condescending or insulting as "(usually) having a closed mind" is of course quite useful in preventing a person who is being so treated from having to deal with the probability that it is their mind that may actually be best described as being the "closed" one.

Your second paragraph is not germane to my comment.

Bottom line---You have no basis logically for suggesting that condescending and/or insulting responses indicate a closed mind.

August 10, 2019 12:26 PM MDT

:):):) Where the issue involves the dumbunnyjacka** "prez" and/or his supporters I am always condescending and dismissive and hold their views in complete contempt! I always will. My mind is CLOSED on that subject. Period. End of story. Apologies for butting in. My 2 cents worth.
      August 10, 2019 6:24 AM MDT

Your "My 2 cents worth" is of high value and something I can heartily agree with.

Usually the phrase "My 2 cents worth" has been associated with useful input in my experience.  

Thank you for reminding me of that.

(And why does anyone who joins a dialogue between two members on a website think they are "butting in?")

August 10, 2019 12:41 PM MDT

Except for those who support the dumbunnyjacka** "prez" I try not to be disdainful or insulting. I hold those who support chump in contempt completely and foreverly Shuhak. I know they are supporting EVIL CORRUPTION IMMORALITY. You have an open mind about them? I do not. My mind os irrevocably closed on that issue. He is Satan. They are Satan-worshippers. I find nothing of value there and I say so. Sometimes a closed mind is needed to make progress. Are you open-minded about the chump? So open minded that you might just flip and support him? Different strokes. I WILL NEVER support satan or satan's enablers facilitators worshpping adorers. I have spoke. I will not EVER change my mind about that. The subject is CLOSED! Thank you for your reply.
      August 10, 2019 6:21 AM MDT

Now this is one of those "accurate viewpoints" I refer to.
      August 10, 2019 12:42 PM MDT