Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Inspector Clouseau is baffled.Safe cracking. Listen. Hear click. "drop." & say # What does # mean?

Inspector Clouseau is baffled.Safe cracking. Listen. Hear click. "drop." & say # What does # mean?

Posted - August 10, 2019

Responses

•   August 10, 2019 4:07 PM MDT

Thank you Jamie.  I know!  I was watching White Collar.  A silly TV show with a really good-looking guy as the star. (Just to give reason as to why I am watching a TV show in the middle of the day and that Don is sick.)
    Anyway, they are cracking a safe.  One guy has his ear to the safe and listening to for the clicks in the combination.  The other guy is turning the combination lock on the safe itself. I'm assumming those are the clicks when the lock releases one of its holds into place. 
    The guy listening to the safe says, "drop."  This makes sense. The other guy turning the combination lock calls out a number.  It seems randomly.
    I don't know if the number he calls out is the time it takes to hit the "drop" or is the number on the combination lock he is turning when the lock "dropped"
    into place.
    Does this make any more sense or is this making it more confusing?
    I'm baffled and now you probably are, too!  Ugh!!
    Thanks for stopping by and answering and liking the question.  You're Awesome!!
    :) :)
      August 10, 2019 4:16 PM MDT

• Lol! It makes a little more sense, but I was reading # as “hashtag” not “number“ so let me try and read it again :) 
      August 10, 2019 4:21 PM MDT

• Nope, I’m still confused lol :) I think it means the number of clicks. I wouldn’t make a good jewel thief. 
    -_-  
      August 10, 2019 4:23 PM MDT

I'm too busy cracking up to crack a safe myself!
    You're right.  We might be partners in crime in some things but jewel thieves, we are not!!
    Thanks Jamie and it's great to see you, as always! :) :)
      August 10, 2019 4:32 PM MDT

• Good to see you always too:) we’ll just stay  partners in being intoxicated in public type crimes.. lol. 
      August 10, 2019 4:35 PM MDT

It's one of the best ways to play... especially together!!

SHOTS!!  We need shots !!  Here's to you!! KLINK! Rock On Jaimie!!   This post was edited by Merlin at August 10, 2019 7:30 PM MDT
      August 10, 2019 6:18 PM MDT

• :)
      August 10, 2019 7:30 PM MDT

I didn't even think of that.  Now it is really a confusing question.  Something like Clouseau would write and I didn't even mean too!  Big Giggles!  That was a fluke!  I'm sorry.  Again, it didn't even cross my mind it would be read as that.  I was having trouble wording the question with limited characters.  
      August 10, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

• Sometimes the confusing questions inspire the best answers though :)  It caught my attention. I’m sure element will be along shortly with a real answer lol. 

Tell Don I said hi and I hope he feels better soon :) 
      August 10, 2019 4:32 PM MDT

Awwwe.... Don gave a little sniffle, grabbed some Kleenex, blew and then said, "Thanx!"
    You are the sweetest. :) :)

Where is that snazzy Element, anyway? He's never around when you need him!

Just Playin' Element!

Love ya' Jaimie and thanks again! :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at August 10, 2019 6:15 PM MDT
      August 10, 2019 6:10 PM MDT

• Love you too :) 
      August 10, 2019 6:16 PM MDT