Active Now

Shuhak
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Too bad we can't make the Gettsyburg Address a FEDERAL LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT. WHY SAY I THAT?

Too bad we can't make the Gettsyburg Address a FEDERAL LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT. WHY SAY I THAT?

Because what lies therein is what we are missing entirely.

The part about a government being OF BY FOR the people.

What exists is that the Donald John Trump gubment is OF BY FOR his own personal use. It is concomitantly simultaneously OF BY FOR the use of Moscow Mitch that son of an itch to do or not do according to his peculiarly queer lusts and desires and screw we the people about whom Moscow mitch that son of an itch does not give a rat's a** atall atall atall.

Too bad. How sad. Not glad. Just mad. The cad is a bad rad dad. Egad. Fad had lad pad tad etcetera etcetera etcetera.

Posted - August 12, 2019

Responses

It's already in a legally binding document.
    The Constitution.

But when The People refuse to hold the government accountable, or are complicit in ignoring the law, what are we to do?

For example:  There are literally dozens of federal agencies that have no place under the Constitution.
    Yet The People want: Federal forests/parks, federal dept of education, social security, etc, etc, etc.

August 12, 2019 8:27 AM MDT

• A Federal legally binding Document?? Uh Huh. Then it sorta creates an oxymoron. If it's a legally binding document of the government, then it's not of the people, by the people or for the people. It's an entity dictating to the populace using benign sounding semantics to exercise control. But, I get your point. I feel the same way about the Secession Ordinance of 1860, as long as we're talking about the same period. 
      August 12, 2019 9:19 AM MDT