Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What does Dragonfruit taste like anyway?

What does Dragonfruit taste like anyway?

This tropical-inspired pick-me-up is crafted with a refreshing combination of sweet mango and dragonfruit flavors, handshaken with creamy coconutmilk and ice and a scoop of real diced dragon fruit. Contains caffeine and coconut.

Tall   Grande   Venti Iced   Trenta Iced  

Posted - August 14, 2019

Responses

I'm not allowed to engage in these indulgences  
    This post was edited by Jon at August 15, 2019 12:31 AM MDT
      August 14, 2019 5:02 PM MDT

What about that sweet man you love?  (I'm making me sick) 

August 15, 2019 12:32 AM MDT

• Hey Sharonna, I just got back with my Dragonfruit drink. 

I went to Starbucks and the girl at the counter gave me the wrong thing.  She made the version of the drink that has no coconut creme in it.  Well, that just ain't gonna do.  So when she realized it was the other one that I wanted she told me just to keep the first one and then skipped off to make the correct thing.  So I scored two drinks for the price of one. 

So, here's my take on it.  The first word that came to mind was refreshing.  Of course Prestone antifreeze/coolant would be refreshing in this heat.  It had a hint of sweetness mixed with a mild tartness from the fruit.  Personally I would have liked the taste of coconut to have been bolder.  My fave thing about it was the little crunchies of ice mixed with actual fruit to chomp on.  It gave the drink texture.  All in all not a bad summer drink.  I guess I just wasn't expecting it to be that mild but then not everything can be as blatantly bold, loud, and out there as I am.  So, there's that. 

Here's a pic of my drink at my PC.  As you can see this is the regular drink without the creme.  I already slurped down the other one.

August 14, 2019 6:40 PM MDT

Wow.   Guess what?  I was JUST on my way to get one (I had a last minute client and have to go NOW) and I decided to check with you first. SO, it IS tart?  I might hate it if it tastes like Grapefruit.  I love grapefruit, but I don't need that in another fruit that costs 10  times as much.  They are 6 bucks at Fry's for a whole one and they are not that big.  Bah Humbug. I am going.  It is worth it just to talk to you about this.  LOL  What a TRIP!

Another therapist read what you wrote me and she is in love with you already.  She's cool
      August 14, 2019 7:00 PM MDT

Here is PART 2 of my reply: I bought it and now I know why you didn't describe it. It is really hard to describe. Especially since they add the mango and coconut juice which did NOTHING to enhance that flavor.  I didn't like it.  It was a great color.  I like Mango.  I didn't like the coconut stuff they used. It tasted fakey.  I bit into the dragon fruit chunk they put in there and it tasted good, I just didn't like that drink at all.  Blah.

Critiqued by Sharon August 14, 2019.

August 15, 2019 12:35 AM MDT

just try it and see and then you´ll know
      August 16, 2019 2:57 PM MDT