Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you choose to NOT VOTE you conspire collude with racists who will keep perpetuating hate and evil. Guilty as charged? Or patriotic?

If you choose to NOT VOTE you conspire collude with racists who will keep perpetuating hate and evil. Guilty as charged? Or patriotic?

Posted - August 16, 2019

Responses

Depends on the reason. Some do not vote for religous reasons.
    Some just do not like the candidates. 
    Some just know they are uninformed and do not care to become informed so the do not bother. 
      August 16, 2019 6:55 AM MDT

• That's a false equivalency 
      August 16, 2019 7:12 AM MDT

Not true.

There are numerous reasons why someone would not vote - 

* one didn't understand or have enough information to make an accurate decision (our government loves to make this complicated).
    * One doesn't like any of the options (as in Hillary vs. trump)
    * one doesn't believe in voting
    * one is too lazy to vote (too much hassle)
    (etc.)

August 16, 2019 11:51 AM MDT

I don't buy any of that Shuhak. All excuses that could be ameliorated. The one thing I do buy is that some religions don't want their folks to participate in government. I don't like it but well they believe in not doing. Do they think it's GOD's will that they don't? If so where do they get that?

You can actively seek out information. You can investigate the backgrounds of the candidates on the internet. As for not taking any of the options you simply take the least objectionable. No one is perfect. As for not believing in voting that is rubbish! They take advantage of being American citizens every which way they can and they are too dam* lazy to do their part which is to participate in gubment however they can. VOTING is one of the ways. Too lazy too dull too boring too mentally defective to bother voting. Sure. I buy that. Being a mental defect is not curable. So we disagree. Thank you for your thoughtful reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 17, 2019 5:34 PM MDT
      August 17, 2019 3:14 AM MDT