Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Education » Somehow, in travelling the digital landscape & trying to write, I've forgotten to use question marks. What've you become lazy about online?

Somehow, in travelling the digital landscape & trying to write, I've forgotten to use question marks. What've you become lazy about online?

Posted - August 17, 2019

Responses

Nothing...I do not want to incur the wrath of the Randy.
      August 17, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

• IKR!  He scares me.  LOL!  I like to think that I am fairly cognizant of using proper punctuation and sentence formations, but I do have my moments.  The one he always catches me on is It's vs. Its.  *sighs*  I always fork that one up.  Here's the thing though.  I know for a fact I forget and lazily put a period at the end of sentences quite often that should actually have a question mark and he never scolds me on that one.  Maybe I don't do it as often as I think, nevertheless I've got to stop having my period all the time.  Hmmm.  LOL!
      August 17, 2019 6:19 PM MDT

(Here's the thing, though.)

Comma neglect. Five demerits. 

August 17, 2019 7:29 PM MDT

• Don't hurt me...

August 17, 2019 7:35 PM MDT

Well, I'll let you go with just a warning this time, young man, but remember that I'll be keeping an eye on you. Now run along, before I change my mind. Grrrrrrr. 

~
      August 17, 2019 7:44 PM MDT

I HATE hyphens.  I hate having to reach my pinky that far and I have to look at the key sometimes and it just is too much of a hassle for someone as busy as I am.  As important as I am.  And as LAZY as I am.
      August 17, 2019 10:41 PM MDT

• It is s demonstrable fact that the internet makes one stupider.  I am proof of that.  Ask goat, I was once worth reading.
      August 18, 2019 5:24 AM MDT

Gris, you have no idea how close to home your comment has come. in many ways. Especially the last sentence because I can so commiserate with you on that point. I have read some of my past commentary and replies, not just here but as far back as  Sodahead and even beyond that... A different person This post was edited by Jon at August 18, 2019 7:18 AM MDT
      August 18, 2019 5:39 AM MDT

• I used to care more.  I felt people were worth well thought out and intellectually honest responses.   I just don't feel that way anymore.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 18, 2019 7:18 AM MDT
      August 18, 2019 5:45 AM MDT

• For what its worth, I think both you and Goat are two of the funniest, and smartest people I have ever met online.  Kinda makes you wonder about the company I keep, doesn't it?  Truthfully though, I have always been glad to be in yours and his company. 

August 18, 2019 6:44 AM MDT

• Part of it is not being as keyboard oriented as I used to be.  Thoughts don't flow as well from a touchscreen.
      August 18, 2019 6:53 AM MDT