Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Have you got kids who have their own guns and have used them? How old are they?

Have you got kids who have their own guns and have used them? How old are they?

Posted - August 19, 2019

Responses

Two nations divided by a common language but also very UN-common attitudes to guns, eh?

I've no children of my own but none of our family have ever owned so much as a paint-ball gun. Nor do I know anyone else who does.

Racking my brains I cannot think at all of any of the many people I have known over the years who could answer "yes" to that question, with the possible exception of a work colleague who was a clay-pigeon enthusiast.

Not long ago the British Police Forces held another guns amnesty. My own county's force had a couple of dozen weapons handed in for destruction, mainly sporting or pest-control weapons no longer wanted. Some might have been "inherited" by the families of now-deceased owners. 

August 19, 2019 11:07 AM MDT

You know Durdle in my very long entire life I have never envied or been jealous of anyone. I now am. I envy you that your country is based on common sense vis a vis GUNS! Ours is possessed obsessed with them.
    Back in the day of the Constitution MUSKETS were the weapon of choice not AK 47's and other assault weapons with 100- round magazines. Tell that to a gun nut and it doesn't register. So you are my first. SIGH. The first person I've envied in 81 almost 82 years of life. The US gun policy interpretation is crackpot wackadoodle insanely queer and peculiar. They get off on it. Why I don't know. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 19, 2019 11:12 AM MDT