Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Has this ever happened to you with a singer or musician or group/band? (explanation in box)

Has this ever happened to you with a singer or musician or group/band? (explanation in box)

You absolutely LOVE the first song you hear from someone -- and, yet, literally, after that first song, you detest EVERYTHING else you hear from that person/group?

I absolutely ADORE Ed Sheeran's "The A Team" song.
I still do.
It was the very first song I ever heard from him. I will adore Sheeran as long as I live for him creating this gorgeous-to-me song -- but that doesn't change the fact that I still detest everything I've ever heard from that guy since. Ug. Trite crap to me. Or pretentious stuff.
Just my opinion.
:)

If you answer, I don't know when I will reply. Been busy. Still am. But I didn't want to forget to post this question after hearing yet another one of those songs from "Crank-out-those-bad-songs seemingly-every-day" Sheeran Factory.
;)

Here's the very powerful music video to "The A Team" -- I like the video, too

EDIT: #3 I can't get the official music video to post -- here's the song though

Posted - August 21, 2019

Responses

I have a similar thing. I love music,but don't like these people usually. Sometimes I might.
      August 21, 2019 5:14 PM MDT

I'm not sure I'm following what you mean with your answer but it sounds like something similar has happened to you.
      August 22, 2019 7:49 AM MDT

I can think of an artist immediately.  Tom Cochrane. I love "Life is a Highway" but every single damn song other than that one blows... 

I'm sure I can find a few others that fit the bill but that one is the first that comes to mind, Welby. 
      August 21, 2019 5:22 PM MDT

Hi Jonny,
    I like that song, too. Thanks for answering.

I'm unsure if I've heard of other songs by Cochrane. (Yet, I realize I hear music for a long time and I sometimes remain unaware of the artists.)
      August 22, 2019 7:47 AM MDT

Welby, there may very well be a reason why you are "unsure" that you have heard any of his other stuff. lol

I'm not all that keen on anything he has done other that. It all seems so generic and contrived 

August 22, 2019 9:22 AM MDT

:) Maybe you're right about why I'm unsure, ha!
      August 22, 2019 12:22 PM MDT

I was just re-reading what I wrote to you. It seemed so awkward. lol 
    Sorry, Welby. 
      August 22, 2019 6:27 PM MDT

Why awkward? I followed your meaning well, that I'm possibly unsure of hearing any other Cochrane song because they simply weren't good and / or played. or, at least, I took it with that meaning. and if I'm wrong, i AM sure that I'm along the right track. Ha!
      August 22, 2019 8:53 PM MDT

Well, I'm glad you were able to follow my train of thought.  You were absolutely following me. lol
    Thanks!
      August 22, 2019 9:54 PM MDT

You're welcome!
      August 22, 2019 10:27 PM MDT