Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Business » I won an auction on eBay and the sellers says that he undercharged me $3.00 for shipping what should I do?

I won an auction on eBay and the sellers says that he undercharged me $3.00 for shipping what should I do?

He wants me to pay on PayPal. Is it legit?

Posted - September 8, 2016

Responses

Tell him you'll send it promptly after he pays the ten-dollar processing fee. :-)

Seriously, I've next to no experience with eBay, so I'm only guessing here, but I'd say it was prolly legit--and a clear loss on his part.  If you've received the merchandise, once the deal is done the deal is done.

September 8, 2016 10:51 PM MDT

Thanks.
      September 8, 2016 10:55 PM MDT

Have you received the merchandise? Is the seller's statement legitimate (maybe the seller charged you $3 less than you agreed to pay)?

If the seller is trying to scam you report it to eBay. If the seller's claim is really legit send them a money order for $3 or figure out how to send them another $3 through PayPal (if they regularly do business on eBay they'll know how to make that happen). But either way I doubt that $3 is going to make them or break you.

September 9, 2016 12:14 AM MDT

It's his loss if he listed the shipping charge in the listing; that is what you agreed to pay.  But,  do what your conscience tells you to do.  Some of the sellers are honest individuals and those kinds of mistakes are expected.  If it is a corporate seller, I would not pay the extra shipping unless I couldn't get the item elsewhere for same price and just had to have it.  That hardly happens with me as I am Thrifty.

September 9, 2016 12:15 AM MDT

• I would not pay that at all. It's to bad for the seller.

Was the product shipped already?

One thing you could do is report it to eBay. I believe that's a violation of their TOS

September 9, 2016 1:51 AM MDT