Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » The Keanu Reeves craze continues. Matrix 4 is happening. Bill and Ted sequel. Are sequels to Speed and Johnny Mnemonic inevitable?

The Keanu Reeves craze continues. Matrix 4 is happening. Bill and Ted sequel. Are sequels to Speed and Johnny Mnemonic inevitable?

Posted - August 22, 2019

Responses

This has NOTHING to do with Keanu and everything to do with that series being FANTASTIC.  I had to watch Matrix so many times before I understood it, but I loved watching it each time nonetheless, because it was extraordinary.  The concepts and the visuals were gripping to say the least.  It also had the deep sense of urgency and terror that we all think life is actually like these days.  With the TRUMP POWER and all, it is very similar to the horror depicted in this story.  TRUMP IS THE HUMAN VERSION OF THE MATRIX.  What he says, you are supposed to hypnotize yourself into believing.  

I don't know what else you asked, I just am happy to try out Matrix 4 and hope they didn't screw it up like the final Season of Game of Thrones. 

I'm still trying to recover from that major disappointment.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 22, 2019 8:54 AM MDT
      August 22, 2019 8:47 AM MDT

I enjoyed the Bill and Ted movies at the time.
    But I'm wary of a sequel.
    I mean, the whole thing with the original movies was that their music was going to change the world and help usher in a global utopian society.
    What's the sequel going to do?  Explain why that society doesn't exist, and they are stoned alcoholics with failed marriages?
      August 22, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

EXCELLENT DUDE!!!  That is EXACTLY what they should do.  Make it Trump-themed too, please.  
      August 22, 2019 10:23 AM MDT

I just looked it up on https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1086064/.

Once told they'd save the universe during a time-traveling adventure, 2 would-be rockers from San Dimas, California find themselves as middle-aged dads still trying to crank out a hit song and fulfill their destiny.

It won't be the same without George Carlin's character Rufus.  
      August 22, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

Your plot was better.  MUCH. We could have you collaborate with the two writers from South Park.  They'd do a bang-up job too.  
      August 22, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

• ;) 
      August 22, 2019 4:43 PM MDT

•   August 23, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

•   August 23, 2019 5:01 PM MDT

• You may be saying some of this laughingly, but both Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves have publicly spoken about having an interest in the possibility of another "Speed" sequel.  The first "Speed" sequel...UGH, that damn boat!  They have each confessed enjoying working together immensely in both "Speed" and in their other cinematic venture "The Lake House" and would love working together again.  Keanu confessed to taking a liking to Sandra during the making of "Speed".  Anyway, most the time these repetitive Hollywood offerings reek of a money grab, but who am I to talk.  I enjoyed the movies you mentioned and will likely make an effort to see any new installment in the franchises.

August 23, 2019 2:23 PM MDT

I'm waiting for "The River's Edge" sequel.
      August 23, 2019 7:10 PM MDT

• There's talk that Keanu and River Phoenix's brother Joaquin are in talks to do a reboot of My Own Private Idaho called My Own Private Puerto Rico where instead of being a landmark film for the LGBT community this new installment will be a landmark film of what will become the 51st state. 
      August 28, 2019 11:55 AM MDT