Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Would you say that being the most popular person on AM is on a par with having the best score on your bowling team?

Would you say that being the most popular person on AM is on a par with having the best score on your bowling team?

Or is it more important than that?

Posted - September 9, 2019

Responses

Hah! 

I doubt if there is a most popular person here - unless perhaps it's JA because without her it wouldn't exist.

Instead, I think there are small côteries of like-minded people who interact freely with each other,
    and then occasional reach-outs across groups,
    or occasional questions that attract a lot of answers from the most frequent visitors.

For me, being social is never a competition of any kind - rather it's a range of co-operative behaviours.
    We tesselate together. 
    It's purely about the enjoyment of contact, getting to know one another, having some fun and the exchange of ideas.

September 9, 2019 9:53 PM MDT

• DUDE, BEING POPULAR IS EVERYTHING!  LOL!  (just kidding, but its nice to be liked)

September 9, 2019 10:01 PM MDT

The Divine always comes in a humble package.

I do not strive to be popular on here or anywhere.    I would hate having to worry about that noise.  
      September 10, 2019 12:18 AM MDT