Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » If a fork was made out of gold, would it still be considered silverware?

If a fork was made out of gold, would it still be considered silverware?

Posted - September 12, 2019

Responses

It rises to the elevated state known as “flatware”.
      September 12, 2019 4:43 AM MDT

You'll have to ask someone who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.  : )
      September 12, 2019 5:51 AM MDT

And if you can understand them without they first remove the spoon, then I'd run with that.
      September 12, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

hahahaha,  yes. 
      September 12, 2019 6:28 PM MDT

• Well around here I've heard plastic forks called plastic silverware.  So maybe it's safe to assume that it would be called gold silverware. 
      September 12, 2019 6:15 AM MDT

Nope.
    Only eating/serving utensils made from (or coated in) silver are officially "silverware".
      September 12, 2019 8:50 AM MDT

• My flatware is Gold as are many of my place-settings.
    Its beautiful and I never refer to it as Silverware.
      September 12, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

We have a MORON in the White House that cannot even spell his wife's name, tweet anything without spelling it wrong, and cannot put two thoughts together and you are worried about calling an eating implement silver instead of gold?

That is rich.

Why don't you ask TRUMP, the stable genius dictator,  what he wants to call it.  Then make sure you follow up every other hour to see what he says now about it.  And then gently remind him what you were talking about in the first place.  He tends to forget things after, say,  five minutes or so.

It is still silverware.  It is not called silverware anymore because of the material the utensils are made of.  Everything is silverware, even the plastic stuff. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 12, 2019 10:24 AM MDT
      September 12, 2019 10:21 AM MDT

• No. No. No.  Plastic utensils are actually called plasticware.

The ACTUAL term for knives forks and spoons is...FLATWARE.

Any word placed in front of "ware" only describes what type it is, 

such as silver, plastic, wooden, gold.
      September 12, 2019 6:41 PM MDT