Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever hear of ANAPHYLAXIS? It can kill you just as severe ASTHMA attack can kill you. My son has it. What is it?

Ever hear of ANAPHYLAXIS? It can kill you just as severe ASTHMA attack can kill you. My son has it. What is it?

A SEVERE reaction to a foreign protein.

If he doesn't get an injection of Adrenalin within a hour his throat swells up his face swells up and he is unable to breathe.

Some have peanut allergies. My son reacts to walnuts and pecans.

He has ingested things that were GUARANTEED TO NOT HAVE walnuts or pecans in them and he reacted because they DID. Maybe walnut OIL in a salad dressing. It's a terrain filled with LANDMINES for him.

He carries an EPIPEN with him at all times just in case. My son is 53. If there had been a draft when he was younger HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ELIGIBLE. Just as those with ASTHMA ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.

I don't know how else to get that info across to those who make fus of asthmatics. IT IS A LIFE-THREATENING CONDITION. No kidding. No bullsh**. No partisan political spin. Sheesh.

Posted - September 14, 2019

Responses

No one is making fun of anyone because they have asthma.  
    Just making a comparison to how Biden's deferments (5times) and Trump's deferments (5times) are looked at by some differently. 

Biden hardly ever mentioned. Trumps is constantly. 

But yes severe allergies will result in a "not qualified for military service" 1-Y Medical deferment .  Same as both Biden and Trump recieved. 
      September 14, 2019 10:55 AM MDT