Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly GM has been increasing imports from Mexico. That's why the employees are striking. If true DO YOU BLAME THEM?

Allegedly GM has been increasing imports from Mexico. That's why the employees are striking. If true DO YOU BLAME THEM?

Posted - September 16, 2019

Responses

And just HOW MANY of these ANAL HOLES voted for TRUMP in the first place?  LET THEM ROT.  
      September 16, 2019 9:18 AM MDT

Here's a weird thing. None of the striking employees interviewed blame the steadfast jacka** for not delivering on his promise to bring their jobs back. NOT ONE. So they deserve whatever happens to them. No spine. No integrity. No honor. Perfects toady sycophants for the steadfast Jacka**. Who could ask for anything more? Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      September 16, 2019 9:30 AM MDT

That is exactly what I mean.

SCREW THEM.  LET THEM STARVE TO DEATH.  LESS BASE MORONS ---GOOD.  
      September 16, 2019 9:36 AM MDT

I do not know. 
    But I do know we should not bail them out again. 

And if GM is importing more from Mex, how does a strike for more money and less health insurance cost supposed to help that?
      September 16, 2019 9:42 AM MDT

Trump voters do not ask how.  OBVIOUSLY.  
      September 16, 2019 10:59 AM MDT

I did just ask How?
      September 16, 2019 12:42 PM MDT

No, I don't blame them.  When a company is profitable, it should share the wealth with its workers.  After all, it was the workers who made them that wealth - not upper management (where most of the wealth goes).  Upper management only makes "rules" (many of which are dumb).  It's the employees down on the line who do the majority of the "work". 

September 16, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

Most of them BELIEVED TRUMP and supported him.  They deserve poverty and WORSE.  
      September 16, 2019 11:06 AM MDT

Ignoring the political insults their fellow-Americans enjoy aiming at them, I don't blame them for striking; but fear it's dangerously self-defeating, risking GM moving more or all production abroad.

It bought British and European vehicle builders many years ago, so has factories there; and I am sure they'd find other countries happy to host them, probably for wages lower than American but good locally.
      September 17, 2019 1:49 AM MDT

Here's an interesting factoid, according to NPR this morning ... in the 1970's there were 400,000 GM workers who went on strike. 
    Today, there are 50,000. 
    That's a workforce reduction of 87%.  I don't know how much of that is outsourcing vs robotics.
    But companies don't outsource to pay higher costs.  They get lower costs.
      September 17, 2019 3:17 PM MDT