Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Did you like Lenny Bruce/George Carlin? "Comedians" whose "comedy" had a definite BITE? Why?

Did you like Lenny Bruce/George Carlin? "Comedians" whose "comedy" had a definite BITE? Why?

Sometimes what they'd say made you feel uncomfortable. There was always subtext to what they said.

Your favorite male comic and favorite female comic? Why?

Posted - September 19, 2019

Responses

I don't remember Lenny Bruce that well, but I do remember George Carlin and I thought he was an excellent comedian.  I also thought Robin Williams was a fantastic comic.  He had an ability to think on his feet without a script like no one I've ever seen
      September 19, 2019 7:42 AM MDT

Robin was a genius Like Jonathan Winters...another genius comedian. I believe Robin admired Jonathan hugely. It's so very sad that Robin had such demons. Lenny Bruce always purposely pushed the envelope to see what he could get away with but more importantly to see if he could force you to think beyond borders. For example he could be very foul-mouthed but his purpose was to repeat the words so often that they would become meaningless because they were just words. Nothing more. Just words. It worked. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 19, 2019 10:20 AM MDT
      September 19, 2019 8:04 AM MDT

Yes, Robin Williams was a genius and he often said he was in awe of Jonathan Winters.  
      September 19, 2019 10:03 AM MDT

They were using language to get heard to make a point about how we think.  

They were hilarious and Lenny was attacking censorship and all its hypocracies.   

George was a product of the public embracing Lenny's message.

They were both incredible wordsmiths that used language as a tool for opening up the mind and accepting new concepts.  If they were swearing it was shocking.  And if it was shocking, the message they carried and the points they made were underscored by the curse words.
      September 19, 2019 9:51 AM MDT

• Because art imitates life. Now, I want to see how quickly this caustic answer is removed because it makes somebody feel uncomfortable.
      September 19, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

Why would ANYONE bother?  This is about as caustic as mother's milk.  I do not think you GET why answers are removed.  If that were the case?  If caustic and BRILLIANT answers were removed?  You would see not commentary at all from me, because? IT WOULD ALL BE REMOVED.

YOUR ANSWERS on the other hand, are removed when they call people NAMES and attack someone.  

YOU DON'T get to do that one.  You can attempt to be clever all you wish.  If and when you get there, I'll be the first one to let you know.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 19, 2019 11:28 AM MDT
      September 19, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

:)
      September 19, 2019 11:28 AM MDT

Removed by whom, prey tell? LOL
    The Moderator is My2Cents who is a raging conservative. 
    Ad knowing JA (who I have not seen here that often lately) she has better things to do like moderate me, (a raging gun-tting leftie)
    If you fail to adhere to the TOS, you deserved to have your posts removed. You are no more special than the rest of us here.  I know that is something that conservative like...conservative-exceptionalism.

You should make a complaint on SiteJabber about conservative persecution.
    The site is rich with other conservatives complaining, especially those who were given the boot for failing to adhere to the TOS here. 

This post was edited by Jon at September 19, 2019 11:33 AM MDT
      September 19, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

I've gone on a few of these butthurt sites.  

How GOP of them.  Lie and point the finger.  

Telling them off feels like I removed a much needed meal that was ready and waiting to be pinched. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 19, 2019 11:35 AM MDT
      September 19, 2019 11:33 AM MDT

I just got another answer to him removed. LOL 

I am not going to cry ANARCHY!   I SEE THE ERROR OF MY WAYS.  
      September 19, 2019 12:02 PM MDT