Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Fill in the Blank » Insurance companies love taking your money but sure don't like paying out. Have you ever had to fight wth one? Grrrrrrrr!

Insurance companies love taking your money but sure don't like paying out. Have you ever had to fight wth one? Grrrrrrrr!

Posted - September 24, 2019

Responses

Sort of. My insurance company doesn't pay tow companies directly. They reimburse you after. I got stranded over the summer and had to call a truck. I sent my receipt in and they normally pay within a matter of days. Almost a month later, I realized I didn't get my payment, so I wrote and asked. They claimed they didn't get it. I sent it again. No response. I ended up having to send my info four times and contacted them seven before I got the payment. 
      September 24, 2019 11:48 AM MDT

They have a bad habit of "Losing" receipts, paper works and such. I've had this experience, but not with insurance companies.
    After learning my lesson, I either send all my receipts registered mail or scan them in and get an email address in which I can send them. Regardless, you can't stress the importance of having copies of everything.
    Thanks for sharing, JA
    I'm glad it finally worked out 
      September 24, 2019 12:16 PM MDT

No.  We had a house fire that the association tried to fight. THIS TOTAL PRCK actually came to our house the day after it was burned to the ground YELLING AT US.  He announced that he was the PRESIDENT OF THE ASSOCIATION and he was NOT paying a dime.

Telling me it was MY fault.  

WHY do people think they can tell me off?  Don't they know who I am?  I reamed that jackass so bad he could not believe what came out of my mouth at him.

My mom had to pull me  away because I was going to kill him.  I swear.  I told HIM I DID NOT CARE IF HE WAS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.   I told him he was an old tired senile bast---rd that didn't know his rear from a hole in the ground and that I worked for the CIRCUIT COURTS OF THE CITY OF CHICAGO before I moved here.  I told him I am not some old lady like my mom who he is used to bullying,  and if he does ANYTHING to get in the way of paying for this, I WIL SUE HIS MORON A$$

We got paid and handsomely.  I never saw his stupid face again.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 24, 2019 11:58 AM MDT
      September 24, 2019 11:49 AM MDT

I'm reading this and laughing but I'm quite sure you didn't think so at the time.
    You my, dear, can be a shrew. LOL
    I would not want to tangle with you.

It sounds like that guy was a jerk and you had every right to rip into that a$$Hole. Good for you and congrats on getting your just deserts...

Thanks for sharing that!
      September 24, 2019 12:20 PM MDT

I just wanted to brag about how HORRIBLE I was to him.  I hate bullies.

I am usually very calm, but DO NOT PISS ME OFF like that.  HOW DARE this schmuck with no title even show his stupid face.  

Sorry, I am still mad.  
      September 24, 2019 12:26 PM MDT

I'm reading this and laughing but I'm quite sure you didn't think so at the time.
    You my, dear, can be a shrew. LOL
    I would not want to tangle with you.

It sounds like that guy was a jerk and you had every right to rip into that a$$Hole. Good for you and congrats on getting your just deserts...

Thanks for sharing that!
      September 24, 2019 12:20 PM MDT

Thanks for the pick.  This was the way this place was run when I moved here.  OLD WHITE FARTS that were too old to work were important enough to get their money and friends to make a BOARD.   I don't think it would work as well now, we have a diversified neighborhood and there are plenty more YOUNGER seniors to deal with now.  And a lot of us have big mouths and va jay jay's .
      September 24, 2019 1:03 PM MDT

Never. When we had a flood, inspectors were there within two days and we had a check a week later. Our agent takes good care of us. I have been with them for 40 years.
      September 24, 2019 12:00 PM MDT

Good for you, Ele. I guess a flood is something that they can't deny.
    My mortgage company once tried to force me to buy flood insurance. I tried to explain to them that I lived 3000 feet up and that if there was a flood, there was more to worry about.  I won they lost after a fight that lasted over a year and involved an attorney.

It's good to have an insurance company you trust
      September 24, 2019 12:37 PM MDT

We had a storm drain back-up flood, as did the entire street. tons of ruined appliances and carpet on the curb. Two years later they rebuilt the street.
      September 24, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

I was involved in a small collision on a roundabout (the other car struck me, not the other way round). The other driver said they assumed I was taking the exit because I was in the outer lane, when in fact I was continuing to the next exit, and that it was my fault for being in the wrong lane.

I expected the insurance companies would agree to split liability but in the end I was found wholly liable. Apparently there is an unwritten rule - not in the Highway Code but established through case law - that if you are taking an exit that is more than 180 degrees from the entry point - even if it's only a little bit, and even if it is the second exit and a continuation of the same named or numbered road - it counts as an "exit to the right" and you are expected to set out in the right-hand lane not the left. It's a rule that not many people know about.

I don't blame the insurance companies for this if they are simply following legal precedent. But I will avoid that roundabout in future as lightning can strike twice.
      September 24, 2019 12:03 PM MDT

Cool! I'm happy that you accepted responsibility for that. I may have fought it myself, but good for you.
    Thank you for sharing that story
      September 24, 2019 12:38 PM MDT

• Insurance companies "suck" in the worst possible way.  They're like a necessary evil, but I dislike them greatly.  For instance.  I used to pay good money to have "Roadside Assistance" on my policy.  If I pay for it then I should be allowed to use it.  BUT NOOOOO.  I found out much to my surprise that every time I have my vehicle towed or have some other roadside emergency tended to, my insurance takes a hit and after so many points against me from using it they can then up my rates or make it more difficult for me to switch to another provider.  OMG!  WHEN I FOUND THIS OUT I BECAME A TOTAL BEEOTCH.  I had them cancel it and I just decided to throw my money at Triple AAA.  They will provide the same service and I take no insurance hits for it.  How dare someone tell me I can't use something that I purchased with my own money.  What a bunch of f*ck*rs.
      September 24, 2019 12:09 PM MDT

Phewwww! I remember you telling all about this. I was outraged for you and never knew about this. 
    I thank you wholeheartedly for opening my eyes to this sh**ty practice. I wonder how many people don't know that these tow claims count as points on their insurance?
    Score one for AAA!
    Yay!
      September 24, 2019 12:41 PM MDT