Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is your best "well that certainly backfired" story?

What is your best "well that certainly backfired" story?

Posted - September 26, 2019

Responses

The idea I could remember a backfired scenario in my life and answer this question.
    The problem is, everything I plan ALWAYS goes step-by-step accordingly.
    Big Winks and Smiles!

I'm still thinking.  
      September 26, 2019 1:51 PM MDT

• Haha, oh please teach me your flawless ways great Merlin
      September 26, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

If I revealed all my secret ways, there wouldn't be near as much magic in the world today! 
    But, thanks for asking. :)

I'm still thinking... ;) :)
      September 26, 2019 2:05 PM MDT

• My lawyer has advised me not discuss the mashed potato incident.
      September 26, 2019 2:57 PM MDT

• It can't be any worse than the Au Gratin Scandal of 1999. 
      September 26, 2019 2:59 PM MDT

• What did I just tell you?  In already said too much as it is
      September 26, 2019 3:02 PM MDT

Gris? There are some investigators here to see you. Gris? Hello, Gris, quit fooling around already. Did anyone see Gris leave?  I could have sworn he was right here ten seconds ago.  Hmmmmm.  Gee, officers, I don’t know what to tell you . . .

~
      September 26, 2019 10:42 PM MDT

Oh, the best one thus far is a doozy. Sparing the details, I discovered someone very close to me was abusing drugs. I helped them detox and got them into a recovery program. To be fair, the discovery was not a pleasant one and I essentially wanted to cut all ties with the person then and there, but I opted not to because I knew they needed someone in their corner. To a much lesser degree, I was motivated by the belief that, in helping this person, I'd eventually benefit from having someone in my corner too. It didn't work that way. Life happened and, viewing situations through clear eyes, the person realized they needed to be elsewhere. I couldn't even be angry with them because they were right. Ergo, by helping them with the expectation that they'd remain in my life, I was ensuring they'd leave. I still believe I made the right call, but the irony of the situation still gets me. 
      September 26, 2019 4:33 PM MDT

• I think you made the right call too...regardless of how it ended. 
      September 27, 2019 5:45 AM MDT