Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are your thoughts on this 9/11 anniversary?

What are your thoughts on this 9/11 anniversary?

Posted - September 11, 2016

Responses

I will never forget what happened that day.  

September 11, 2016 9:59 AM MDT

I was on the side of the Americans. As opposed to Bin Laden`s mob. My position remains the same. I have just posted a question about Islam, inspired by this anniversary.

September 11, 2016 10:04 AM MDT

I don`t think anyone in the world will ever forget, PeaPod. Then people wonder why we don`t like or trust Islam.

September 11, 2016 10:05 AM MDT

• Time marches on.

September 11, 2016 10:13 AM MDT

9/11 is a day that changed America. We became a different country. It was a wake-up call that we had to pay attention to what was going on in the rest of the world. It was a time of puzzlement---not knowing what was happening, who was attacking us, and why. It was a time of wanting to be with loved ones and have each other comforted for the fear and pain we felt. It was a shock to see the devastation take place before our eyes on TV. Then the sight of people jumping off of buildings rather than burn alive or go down with the collapsing buildings. One man who jumped had a pose of keeping his dignity. Then the buildings collapsing. Thinking about the people working there. Children in the building. Firefighters, police, first responders at the scene.

And the survivors left with incurable illnesses, traumatized. Their loved ones crushed by the loss of family members and friends. So much. So much sadness. Then it has turned to anger. People blame all Muslims. 15 years later, we are left with hate, bigotry, wars.

My thoughts are to shut down radio, as I have no cable to get live TV. I want to have inner peace on this day and think about the beauty of music. I listened to Beethoven's 9th Symphony that has the Ode to Joy choral part. Then I will get back to painting. The colors always cheer me up. The spirit moves on. We should remember, and we should try to build a better world so history doesn't repeat itself with such acts of rebellion.

Peace and love to everyone reading this.
      September 11, 2016 10:43 AM MDT

September 11, 2016 11:45 AM MDT

Food

sex

pissing off my wife

the usual stuff.

September 11, 2016 11:48 AM MDT

It made me think about how the world has worsened since, and how 9-11 was a landmark date in human history.

September 13, 2016 11:32 PM MDT

I'm so relieved that Bush / Cheney stopped the attacks on America !  Had the terrorists prevailed we wouldn't have stalwart institutions like AnswerMug !....LMAO.

September 14, 2016 5:45 AM MDT