Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Do you have experience using your phone or smart watch instead of swiping your credit card?

Do you have experience using your phone or smart watch instead of swiping your credit card?

I'm wondering if this is more convenient. My research shows it's safer because your credit card number is not shared with the merchant.

Posted - October 2, 2019

Responses

I've never tried it. 
      October 2, 2019 7:26 AM MDT

No. I would be more worried about someone stealing my phone/watch and also having my credit card as well. 

I have not had anyone try to pay that way. But I hope they will not have an issue went I insist on ID. We ID every customer who pays with a card. It protects both the customer and my business. 

October 2, 2019 7:37 AM MDT

I don't have a smart phone or watch, so I can't do that.  If the purchase is small, I just pay cash.
      October 2, 2019 7:41 AM MDT

• I would never use my electronic devices to pay for services. Though that is the preferred method in China supposedly using Wechat.

I think it is a very dangerous trend honestly.  Truth be told I don't even use cards very often.  I don't like my purchases being tracked unnecessarily.
      October 2, 2019 10:00 AM MDT

And don't forget what a BLAST it is to go through any problem-solving or trouble-shooting regarding payments, etc.  NOOOOOO.  
      October 2, 2019 10:04 AM MDT

• Cash is always king.  It kind depresses me with my younger relatives who think cash is silly and don't understand why O try and convince them.to use it over cards.  You can't bargain with a card for one.  They actually get angry when they see a cash payment discount and think its them being ripped off for using a card. They don't get the legit reasons why cash gets favor.
      October 2, 2019 10:15 AM MDT

No smart-watch, no smart phone, no credit card. Life is easy.
      October 2, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

Nope.  I don't have a "smart watch" - because the only thing I use on my "smart phone" is texting, and rarely the camera.

I don't know what research you did ... but can't believe it's any safer than using credit cards.
    Either way, a databreach is going to cause problems.  Same if you have your phone or credit card stolen.
    And it's easier to hack a cell phone, than a credit card.  At least with credit cards, you can check the machine to see if there's a scanner attached.
      October 2, 2019 1:06 PM MDT

I’ve never tried it. 

~
      October 2, 2019 11:07 PM MDT

I have no need and do not believe using said functions.  Just another way to get you to spend more and give up a lot of personal info.  Cash is king when necessary I do use a credit card.

October 3, 2019 2:24 PM MDT

~

May 22, 2021 5:19 AM MDT