Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Did you find more joy or success going out to find love, or letting fate be in charge?

Did you find more joy or success going out to find love, or letting fate be in charge?

And do you think going out to seek love or companionship is the better path, like clubs, Match.com, bars etc..   or allowing what is to be , be?

Posted - September 11, 2016

Responses

•  I never went out to find it. I am happy that my husband is my best friend.

But if I had to be completely honest, if I had my life over, I think actively placing yourself where you have the best chance of meeting the type you want is much more sensible. It gives you more choice.

If you wait passively, depending on your circumstances, you might meet hardly anyone at all.

September 12, 2016 5:37 AM MDT

Thank you Hart.. I often feel will I ever move past my fear of dating/intimacy? Can I feel I'm 'whole' enough to even just go out once with a man? and then, once I feel happy of ME, who would even be around ? lol.. Most are married or have girlfriends, and should I go out to a bar / social area to 'seek' someone? I like your view; if you do place yourself to seek someone, I'll have choice.... thank you :) My only doubt with going to seek out love was , am I doing it to 'get' love? because I've read so many articles saying never try to 'get' love, just let it flow and share it.. but then what would you say of ALL the thousands who meet up from Match /dating sites, and then it does work out? they were seeking love...  Sometimes life and love seem confusing :/  Ty so much for your answer Hart

September 12, 2016 8:55 AM MDT

• I have to say let fate be in charge.

I met my bf on here, I was not looking at all, either was he.  It turns out even though he lived a majority of his life in another province we found out that about 12/13 years ago we lived in the same city (an hour away from where we live now) we also worked at the same company, at the same time, in said city.  When we started getting to know each other, we found out I live less than 10 mins from his work (week night sleep overs are great for his commute).  To me, it seems like our paths were always meant to cross...somehow they finally did and I couldn't be happier.  :-D

September 14, 2016 7:51 PM MDT

That is so great Jeep :) Hugggs.. so happy for you and gives us all hope... adn to think you even worked at same company and never knew /saw each other ???? Wow !!! Ty again

September 14, 2016 9:16 PM MDT

Fate.  I was actually in the process of ending a relationship and certainly not looking for another when my husband and I met.  

September 14, 2016 9:28 PM MDT

• Thank you I think ours is a pretty cool story.  We were also both on EP (never crossed paths there) if EP hadn't shut down we probably still wouldn't have found each other.  ((HUGS))

September 14, 2016 9:41 PM MDT

• Thank you, thinking about it and him makes my heart smile too. :-)
      September 15, 2016 6:19 AM MDT

• :-)
      September 15, 2016 6:19 AM MDT