Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some folks earn a living in constantly changing time zones. Golfers/tennis players specifically. Is there any long-term deleterious effect?

Some folks earn a living in constantly changing time zones. Golfers/tennis players specifically. Is there any long-term deleterious effect?

Let me just say this up front. I am a lousy traveler. I have a problem twice a year when I spring forward and fall back. It takes a couple of weeks to adjust to a one-hour difference. So how do others cope with living 24/7 in constantly changing time zones?

Posted - October 10, 2019

Responses

Maybe they "build up" an immunity to it ... but according to much research, it takes about 3 days for your body to recover - or "synch" to new time zones.
      October 10, 2019 7:28 AM MDT

We follow tennis and golf religiously Walt and both Jim and I live in constant amazement at the level of their performance. I mean once they get there they hit the deck running. They start practicing daily and then they have to complete and then they have to pack up and fly off again to the next time-zone different place and repeat the drill. Dozens of times a year. It exhausts me just thinking about it. Are you a good traveler? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      October 10, 2019 7:32 AM MDT

I don't know if I'm a good traveler.
    I haven't been able to have a vacation in 18 years.

However, I generally change my clocks on the Friday before "daylight time" changes ... so I have a few extra days to get used to the change.
      October 10, 2019 8:25 AM MDT

WHOA NELLY! Great idea. Thanks Walt! :)
      October 10, 2019 8:27 AM MDT