Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you remember what life before trump was like? Are you terrified you will have to go back to it without trump? Why?

Do you remember what life before trump was like? Are you terrified you will have to go back to it without trump? Why?

Posted - October 18, 2019

Responses

By comparison, we were in Brigadoon---(I was always amazed by Gene Kelly's dancing ability.)

(a place that is idyllic, unaffected by time, or remote from reality.)
      October 18, 2019 12:03 PM MDT

That is among my most favorite movies in the whole entire world tom. A magical fantasyland the inhabitants of which come to life for one day every 100 hundreds years I believe. They don't make movies like that any more. WHY? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      October 18, 2019 12:38 PM MDT

I must admit that the man does have a few good ideas.  Unfortunately, he has no clue how to execute them (nor do his advisors), nor can he see that some of his ideas aren't feasible or will have major repercussions.   On top of that, he can't see beyond his own reflection.  His pompous arrogance makes him believe that everything must be about himself.  He cannot admit fault ("I was wrong"), he tries to make his blunders look like a good thing ("I meant to do that all along"), and has the mentality of a 5-year-old ("am not", are too!").

What terrifies me most is that there is no good replacement for him.  He's blinded the entire country to "reality".  They're too busy either trying to find fault with him (which is super easy), or worshiping him.  The damage he's doing/has done will scar this nation forever.  Those who want to "replace" him are too busy bickering among themselves over petty matters.  They don't seem to see that he's isolated this country (more so than North Korea is), and that the country is nearly polarized beyond repair.  The person who "replaces" trump is going to have to be able to stop the US from disbanding as well as "mend fences" with the rest of the world.  Things pre-trump may have been bad at the time, but things post-trump may be apocalyptic. 
      October 18, 2019 12:55 PM MDT

Four or more years of only dealing with "petty matters" might just be what this country needs to recover from his grandiose claims, his practice of sowing confusion, his demand for absolute loyalty, his tendency to lie and create alternative “facts” and realities, his shunning and belittling of critics and ex-believers, and his cultivating of an “us versus them” mindset. .
      October 18, 2019 8:42 PM MDT