Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Can you judge intelligence by accomplishments -- including overcoming disadvantages?

Can you judge intelligence by accomplishments -- including overcoming disadvantages?

Posted - October 20, 2019

Responses

I'm pretty sure that leans more toward being smart.
    I knew there was a difference between being smart and being intelligent, but wasn't quite sure how to word it.
    Here's Googles thought on the subject:
    Smart is the adjective which directs to the intelligence of a person. A Smart person also refers to an intelligent person except he knows how to apply his intelligence to practical situations.   Being Smart asserts having the ability to quickly adapt to a situation and make the best of it. 
    That pretty much wraps up what I understand your question to be asking. 
    You may have certain accomplishments because your intelligence put you in those situations.  You conquered those situations because you were Smart.  :) :)

October 21, 2019 1:08 AM MDT

Indeed I did.  Thank you!
      October 21, 2019 8:26 PM MDT

It's always fun to help an intelligent friend who is also a smart friend.
    It also helped me to define the difference.  It was a win/win question for both of us.  
    You're welcome and not to sound like chip and dale, "Really, thank you!"  Big Winks and Smiles!

October 21, 2019 9:11 PM MDT

YES.

October 21, 2019 8:36 AM MDT

No. Getting elected President is an accomplishment, but it doesn't seem to be a sign of intelligence.
      October 21, 2019 4:44 PM MDT

Good point.  How did it happen??????
      October 21, 2019 8:27 PM MDT

$$$ and publicity will win the media.  Sad but true...
      October 21, 2019 9:13 PM MDT