Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » West Coast and East Coasters are thought of as "flakes". It's the folks in the HEARTLAND who are the grownups. Right?

West Coast and East Coasters are thought of as "flakes". It's the folks in the HEARTLAND who are the grownups. Right?

Whaddabout those who live next to Canada? What are they?

And last but not least the folks who on live on the coast in the south?

East West South coasters are all abutted by oceans.  Is it the vast expanse of water that makes us whom we are? Is it lack of ocean water proximity that insulates the HEARTLAND folks and makes them what they are? I know they gotta lotta rivers and lakes and streams and ponds. Is that water different than ocean water which is SALTIER? Are coasters saltier because of that? And once again whaddabout those abutting Canada?

Whatcha think? Is it our geographical location that defines our personalities/experiences/goals/morality?

Posted - October 27, 2019

Responses

Coasts seem to be more liberal. Going by voting record. But the libs also live in the large cities. This is why when you look at the county map the red covers most of the country. 
      October 27, 2019 7:52 AM MDT

That is one hairy scary map m2c. Now I like blue-red not orange-red or fire engine red. But blue is now and has always been my favorite color. A blue-gray with those silvery metallic sparkles specifically. So it is strictly because I PREFER the color that I am a progressive liberal dem. Why else? Thank you for your reply and the graphic. What are the odds that the blue portons will grow larger and the red portions offset/compensate by growing smaller? I'm just askin' sweetie. What could it hurt to ask? :)
      October 27, 2019 8:30 AM MDT

Lol. I hope no one decides their vote by color. 
    My fave color is magenta. 
      October 27, 2019 8:43 AM MDT

I like magenta. It's a very rich color. Like Burgendy. It's kinda blue-red but with pinkish softening? Anyway my least favorite color is CHARTREUSE! Greenish yellow. My second least favorite color orange except in food. I love orange food. Yams and carrots and pumpkin and oranges. Very healthy too. I like dusty rose. I had a sweater once that was that color and I wore it to death. It was a very flattering color. Your least favorite color? Thank you for your reply m2c. Geez all these years we've been chatting and this is the first time we talked about this? Boy what else were we talking about all that time? This post was edited by RosieG at October 27, 2019 8:48 AM MDT
      October 27, 2019 8:47 AM MDT

Take that silly map and wipe Trump's rear with it.

I have a map for you.  The map where Trump has left millions in unpaid bills for each city to handle where he plants his stupid rallies.  He owes Washington DC 9 million dollars.  Do you like his policy?  

I don't and this map is a bad joke baby.  Keep looking at it and tell yourself why he loses and goes to jail with that map as a guilde.  Just like the bible is a guide that Pence is the mouth of God.  SURE.  Kepp looking at the blinding light.
      October 27, 2019 8:53 AM MDT

That map really bothers you. 
      October 27, 2019 9:12 AM MDT

People are entitled to their prejudices so I will leave them to them.  I am an East-coaster though have spent time on the West coast.  I grew up moderately liberal as many people were back then. Community has a lot to do with values.  I have pretty much the same values I grew up with except now they are considered to be "conservative" as liberalism became so radical and far-out. 
      October 27, 2019 8:23 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply og. I was born in Highland Park,  Michigan a suburb of Detroit. Moved to California at the age of 3 and except for living for 5 years in Masachusetts I have always been a Californian. However I"ve never been prouder of my state than I have of late. As for people being entitled to prejudices every decision you make is because of prejudice. You eat broccoli not potatoes? Why? Well broccoli is healthier for you so that may be why. It also is delicious so that may be why. But your reason for doing it is based on prejudice/;preference for it rather than potatoes. Prejudice is not unhealthy unless it is directed at a person due to skin color or religious reliefs or sexual preferences or politics. You are prejudiced when you choose to listen to certain music and not other music. When you see one movie and not another. When you read one author's books and not another. All based on preference which is prejudice which is not the evil thing people say it is. EXCEPT for the exceptions I listed above. Thank you for your reply. I used to be a Democrat. I have become a PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT. You were a democrat and flipped to the other side and are now a conservative. Those choices are prejudicial based on what you PREFER politically and what you dislike. You cannot escape your prejudices. Neither can I. This post was edited by RosieG at October 27, 2019 8:39 AM MDT
      October 27, 2019 8:36 AM MDT

The folks in the heartland need to get a pair of eyeglasses.  That work.  They also need to get out more.  They need to see that their infrastructure is not happening.  They need to see that we are way below countries that we should not be way below in terms of education, economy, health care and they need to see what VOTING FOR A SENATOR means to them.  FOR THEM. AND AGAINST THEM.  They haven't seen that yet.  

October 27, 2019 8:51 AM MDT