Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Jesus' death did not destroy Christianity. It strengthened it. The death of Bagdadi will similarly not destroy ISIS. Didja think it would?

Jesus' death did not destroy Christianity. It strengthened it. The death of Bagdadi will similarly not destroy ISIS. Didja think it would?

Posted - October 29, 2019

Responses

IF ISIS HAS A PLAN TO END TRUMP?  I MAY DEFECT TO THE OTHER SIDE.  AND DON'T BOTHER TELLING THE FBI.  THEY HATE TRUMP WORSE THAN I DO IF THAT IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. This post was edited by my2cents at October 29, 2019 3:19 PM MDT
      October 29, 2019 12:04 PM MDT

This is curious Sharon. It sez that m2c edited your response not you. What did you originally write that had to be edited? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 30, 2019 1:45 AM MDT

I think you mean "Jesus' death did not destroy Christianity."

Of course, his followers didn't call themselves "Christians" for a couple hundred years after his death.
    For hundreds of years after his death, his followers were viewed as a heretical sect of Judaism - and usually referred to as Nazarenes.

Historically, killing the leader(s) of any movement seldom ends the movement.
    The best outcome is the new leader(s) will be more open to compromise with outside forces.
    The worst outcome is the new leader(s) will become even more entrenched in the movements' dogma.
      October 29, 2019 12:24 PM MDT

How is what you said different from what I said? I'm lost. I did say Jesus'  death Walt. This post was edited by RosieG at October 30, 2019 1:43 AM MDT
      October 29, 2019 2:01 PM MDT

When I loaded the question originally, it didn't.  ???
      October 30, 2019 7:20 AM MDT

Oh. Okay. What happens Walt is that I ask a question and post it. Then I re-read it and correct any errors. I ALWAYS HAVE ERRORS. I don't know why. I may be getting dyslexic in my old age. Even months later I can go back and find errors. So that was probably the sequence of events. You saw the first "draft"/iteration and then I massaged it. No worries. Timing is everything. Ours was off that time. Thank you for your explanation. :)
      October 30, 2019 7:25 AM MDT

Maybe we are wrong.  They are already erecting statues of Donald Trump and he is not even done with his first term.

A Donald Trump pig statue in a gallery
      October 29, 2019 1:09 PM MDT

Well they erected statues to racist generals and they are all gone. Put away in some storage shed. Glorifying nracists is not something we should do. This pig however would be a great headstone for his grave when the time comes. Don'tcha think? Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      October 29, 2019 2:02 PM MDT

• The death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of Christianity, as well as the foundation. I don't see any connection between the greatest event in the history of humanity and the death of a dedicated and committed extremist and fanatic. No, this eradication of the ISIS leader won't stop the continuation of criminal acts aimed at civilization. The battle goes on and anyone thinking otherwise is only fooling themselves.
      October 29, 2019 1:11 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply HG and Happy Tuesday to thee. Different strokes. I see a DEFINITE connection so I asked. What could it hurt?
      October 29, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

Why do you think this answers any part of the question.  She SAID that destroying something only makes it greater.

That is the point.  What is yours?   
      October 29, 2019 2:15 PM MDT

:):):)
      October 30, 2019 1:46 AM MDT