Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » How can I see my own profile page as others see it?

How can I see my own profile page as others see it?

What I wrote under "About" has a note to it that it is hidden. I would like to see whether it is hidden to others. I would like it to be open for everyone to read.  Thanks for enlightening me.

Posted - November 6, 2019

Responses

I clicked on the 'more' button and it let me see 'about'. Here's what it says:

• Screen Name* Whitehair
    • Gender* Female
    • Where do you live? Zephyrhills, FL
    • About Me: I love QnA­ sites - h­ave been a­ member of­ answerbag­ under the­ same user­ name.... ­My friends­ know that­ I am an a­uthor and ­have a web­site: kar­inbartsch.­weebly.com­ My user ­name in fa­cebook is ­Karin Herr­mann Barts­ch. Please­, no phone­ calls or ­chats.

You're a brave soul, sharing so much personal info! 
      November 6, 2019 6:50 PM MST

• Thanks, That is what I wanted to know. My life is an open book, I have nothing to hide. I also know what to share and what not. My website lays it all bare. 
      November 6, 2019 7:05 PM MST

You're welcome! 

You know, after I typed that, I thought to myself that most of the people on this site really seem to be honest and trustworthy and not threatening in any way. I think it's pretty unique in that way, especially compared to most places on the internet!
      November 6, 2019 7:10 PM MST

• I think so, too. I have been in several forums, other than facebook this is by far the best. The entire infrastructure of the site and the layout and the script possibilities and categories etc. even own groups can be created. Just Asking does a good job. Thanks! 
      November 6, 2019 7:17 PM MST

Excellent point and observation.  Me too and that is why this is the only QandA website I am on.  
    The friends I've made here are true, funny, smart, and kind.  I trust them as they can me.
    That is above and beyond ANY site I've browsed or been on in the past. 
    I have no desire to go anywhere else.  

This post was edited by Merlin at November 13, 2019 4:25 PM MST
      November 7, 2019 3:00 AM MST

Yeah, it's definitely unique!

It's funny, the person who told me about AM almost never logs in because it's so 'boring'. I think he hangs out on Similar Worlds now. That place is a complete sh*t show. 
      November 7, 2019 8:04 AM MST

I went to Similar Worlds for about a day and left.  It certainly draws a much younger crowd and a little less refined for me.  I tend to lean toward adult crowds with adult manners and humor with a splash of this and that and the other.
    Here is where I fit much more than places as Similar Worlds.  They all are good for the people that are there.  They can stay there and enjoy there and I can stay here and enjoy here!  Everyone is Happy! Happy!  Big Giggles! 
      November 7, 2019 8:22 AM MST

I have a horrid habit.  I never read anyone's personal stuff.  Never have.  And I have been doing this for a LONG time.  

I like to see what I can glean from the interaction between me and others.  People always tell me whatever I need to know.    I am all about answer the question.  That is what is fun to me. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 7, 2019 9:07 AM MST
      November 7, 2019 8:10 AM MST

I didn't even know how to see someone else's "stuff" for the longest time.  I still don't go there unless I am sending them a gift or would like to message them. :) :)  
    I'm with you on this! It's good to see ya!! Hugs and Loves! 
      November 7, 2019 8:24 AM MST

• For me it is good to know a little about the conversation partner. It is like in real life. the question can be answered better when I know what the person might think by asking the question, so I can be either empathetic or funny or a smart-ass or a little naughty. For me it is a social site. When I want to know something I google it and learn sometimes hours on end by reading it. At least I want to know the gender, even though my conversation does not need it. In a social event in reality I have the conversation partner in full figure in front of me, can read body language and the interest for my talking. I do not like small talk, I can engage fully in topics one does not hear about daily - sometimes I am misunderstood because when I do not know some English words, I think German and translate directly what I know. I am 35 years now in the USA, before I could speak only some "half-century" old school English I had in school in Germany. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 28, 2019 1:31 PM MST
      November 7, 2019 9:14 AM MST

Thank you for sharing Whitehair. :)  The more a person speaks of themselves, the easier it is to tune the tone of conversation. 
    When you can't see them, their style of writing or questions they tend to answer can say much of their character.  Believing in honesty, I find it interesting to see what "characters" attract others.  Sometimes two that you never imagine, end up great friends.  Humans... what a hoot of a species.  

Germany?  No wonder you are so smart!  It is a proven fact that smart people come from Germany.
    It's nice to see you Whitehair.  Have I ever told you I think your whitehair is very becoming?  Well, if not, I do. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at November 28, 2019 1:32 PM MST
      November 9, 2019 11:02 AM MST

• Thank you for the compliments, Merlin. E 99 recently told me in fun that I am full of it. No wonder, though, when I get so many positive feedback.... This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 29, 2019 2:31 AM MST
      November 28, 2019 3:21 PM MST