Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » When you were growing up, did ever you wish that your parent(s) would have worked in a different profession than the one they did? ~

When you were growing up, did ever you wish that your parent(s) would have worked in a different profession than the one they did? ~

If so, why?
if not, why not?

Posted - November 11, 2019

Responses

I think about questions like this every day. I'm the cause of both of them having the hard life they've had. Struggle after struggle after struggle. There's no forgiving myself for that.
      November 11, 2019 8:05 PM MST

I doubt you’re the blame. Your existence  may have been a factor in a majority of the decisions they made or in the actions they took, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you have any blame. In my opinion, you have nothing about which you should feel guilty. 
    ~
      November 11, 2019 8:37 PM MST

I can't say that I did.  My dad worked in hardware retail.  So not only did I get to run around a hardware store, but dad was always bringing home neat stuff.  Since he was a former forest ranger, he knew all the neat places in the local forests which he took us to on his days off.   Mom was a housewife, so she was always home.  So as a kid, I didn't care what my parents did. This post was edited by Shuhak at November 11, 2019 10:40 PM MST
      November 11, 2019 10:39 PM MST