Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » In FUTUREWORLD all of us are deported back to the country of our ancestors' origin. Could you speak the language?

In FUTUREWORLD all of us are deported back to the country of our ancestors' origin. Could you speak the language?

What language is that?

Posted - November 12, 2019

Responses

Depends on how far back you go.

I mean, my ancestors came to America from England and Germany.
    But if we go back far enough, we all came from central Africa.
    The original language probably doesn't even exist anymore.

And I'm positive the language of my Neanderthal ancestors doesn't exist.  lol
      November 12, 2019 7:08 AM MST

I'm FIRST GENERATION AMERICAN Walt so it's easy peasy breezy for me. Though my mom was born in Amasya, Armenia and my dad was born in Izmir, Turkey. Where would I go back to? He**'s bells I have no idea. I would say wherever your people who FIRST CAME TO AMERICA came from would be the logical place. I know how far back we ALL go began in Africa. Clearly that cannot be a possibility. But I think you know that Walt. Your Devil's Advocate is coming out again to obfuscate the issue. So be it. SIGH. Where did the ancestor  who first put foot on AMERICAN SOIL ship off from? Start there. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      November 12, 2019 10:44 AM MST

I haven't looked at my genealogy in a while ... but I know both sides go back generations.
    I know my mom's side goes back in America, before the Revolutionary War.  Though the records and verbal stories get mixed up around that time (1770's).

Allegedly, one of my ancestors married a native gal ... so maybe I have enough of a claim not to be sent back?  lol
      November 12, 2019 11:13 AM MST

Geez Walt that's amazing that you know that much. Well if I were the sender back person I'd definitely give you a pass! Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      November 12, 2019 12:23 PM MST

Het...how about you?
      November 12, 2019 7:41 AM MST

Het? VASS ISS DISS? Well I'm first generation AMERICAN but I'd have a problem. My mom was born in AMASYA, ARMENIA and my dad was born in IZMIR, Turkey. Where back to would I go? I don't know. I speak a smattering of Armenian but not Turkish. My dad spoke Turkish and Armenian and Greek (he fled to the island of Crete during the Turking genocide of Armenians which you know about because we've discussed it before. The forever bond Armenians and Jewish people will always have forever. As far as I'm concerned. I don't speak for anyone else but MOI! Thank you fo ryour reply E and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      November 12, 2019 10:57 AM MST

I don't speak Polish, Russian or Austrian.
      November 12, 2019 9:47 AM MST

I not so hot with Armenian (my mom's country of birth) and I have no clue about Turkish (my dad's country of birth). Thank you for your reply L! :)
      November 12, 2019 10:59 AM MST

:) :) :)
      November 12, 2019 12:58 PM MST

Happy Wednesday L! :)
      November 13, 2019 3:02 AM MST

Same to you. :)
      November 13, 2019 6:58 AM MST

Why and how would that happen? Is it an actual story or just another Trump fantasy?
      November 12, 2019 10:11 AM MST

No. I do not speak German or Swedish or any of the numerous other possibilities.
      November 12, 2019 1:02 PM MST