Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Is there any company/entity that is in business to serve the best interests of its customers? Aren't they usually in business to make money the cheapest way possible?

Is there any company/entity that is in business to serve the best interests of its customers? Aren't they usually in business to make money the cheapest way possible?

Serving the best interests of customers does not serve the best interests of the businesses or its stockholders. Too bad they can't be the same isn't it?

Posted - September 15, 2016

Responses

Hello Rosie:

I dunno..  If you found such a company, would you do business with them??  I think you would.. Some companies know that..  Some don't.

excon

September 15, 2016 5:41 AM MDT

Would I do business with a company that wants to make me happy by being honest, dependable and that charges a fair price?  Would I want to do business with a company that wants my repeat business and the best way to do that is to treat  me respectfully? Yep I would.   I don't understand why everyone wouldn't want that excon. Thank you for your reply! :)

September 15, 2016 6:28 AM MDT

Hello again, Rosie:

Execution is HARD.

excon

September 15, 2016 6:41 AM MDT

So are most worthwhile things. If it were easy any drunken bum could do it. :)

September 15, 2016 7:07 AM MDT

I am in business and I do strive to give my customer's great service and a great product at a reasonable price. I have many repeat customers because of it. A happy customer is in the best interest of any business.
      September 15, 2016 8:17 AM MDT

• Yeah. This isn't big news.

September 15, 2016 8:21 AM MDT

There are many businesses that have excellent reputations .

September 15, 2016 11:46 AM MDT