Discussion » Questions » Communication » Some think being multilingual is useless. Good old American English is all ya need. I wonder how many of Trump's supporters are multilingual? Melania is multilingual right? Is she OK?

Some think being multilingual is useless. Good old American English is all ya need. I wonder how many of Trump's supporters are multilingual? Melania is multilingual right? Is she OK?

Posted - September 15, 2016

Responses

• If I make the decision to live and work in a place where English is not used, I won't expect those folks to learn English en masse. It's up to me to equip myself with those tools that will give me success. If learning their language is part of it, then it's up to me to make the change and not make demands.Multilingualism is fine. I'm not obligated to learn the language of people that have come and put down roots because they want to be here. I've seen far too many people whose ability to speak your language is conveniently dependent on what they want at any given time. 

September 16, 2016 10:51 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Polk. Melania Trump speaks 5 languages fluently. I think that is a very good thing don't you? :)

September 17, 2016 5:27 AM MDT