Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What causes anxiety? What calms you down? What makes you noivous?

What causes anxiety? What calms you down? What makes you noivous?

Or are you impenetrable and no one, not even you, sees you sweat?

Posted - September 15, 2016

Responses

• I've been diagnosed with social anxiety.  Weed works.

People make me nervous...for good reason. 

September 15, 2016 2:27 PM MDT

In my case anxiety was/is caused by an horrendously bad reaction to Cipro.  In most cases, though, it's a generalized fear or fear of the unknown.  Either way, once a neurochemical pathway is established, anxiety is one hell of a monster to beat.

I use a combination of exercise, deep breathing, meditation and herbal remedies (rhodiola in particular) to battle mine.

September 15, 2016 2:36 PM MDT

I think chemical changes in the brain causes anxiety. Nothing you can do but have meds to control it. I don't have anxiety. I do get anxious about a few things, especially if they are out of my control. What do I do? Pray.

Weed makes me climb the walls in social situations...unless it's followed up by the equivalent of about a sixer of beer. Then weed works. :-)

As for your analysis of people in groups, you're spot on!

September 15, 2016 2:38 PM MDT

• Everything. Nothing. Everything. They all know.

September 15, 2016 2:44 PM MDT

Hi Sharon! I am probably more anxious than the "average person," whatever that means. I am nervous when I'm around people or expecting to be around people who expect something from me, which means I'm nervous pretty much constantly. Nothing really calms me down. Actually, I'm not sure I'm ever calm. I'm in a constant state of inner turmoil. Isn't it fun to be alive? :D Somehow I find ways to appear normal, at times, and I function in a somewhat functional way in "everyday society," but I'm pretty sure people would find me freaky if I were to release my true thoughts. 

September 15, 2016 2:46 PM MDT

• Arsenal* playing.

Tea and weed.

Arsenal* being 1-0 down with 5 minutes to go.

* : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.

September 15, 2016 3:11 PM MDT

It's usually a bunch of things churning in the back of my head that I have little or no control over.  Chronic anxiety is no fun.

The right medication is helpful, along with getting up and getting busy with something that takes up a lot of energy.

September 15, 2016 3:28 PM MDT

Humans.

September 15, 2016 11:22 PM MDT