Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Do you have a signature* driving move of which you are very proud? ~

Do you have a signature* driving move of which you are very proud? ~

1]  When approaching a right turn with stopped cars on front of me in the far right lane, I can always accurately judge the amount of space between the cars and the curb to their right side, and whether or not my car's width will fit.  I can proceed to make my right turn without hitting any part of the cars to my left, not even the side mirrors. When I can gauge ahead of time that I won't fit, I don't even chance it.

2]  Your turn.

*It doesn't have to be anything unique; it can be something that a few others do also, or that they attempt, but you have it down to a science. 

~

Posted - November 22, 2019

Responses

Twice in my life while driving in the next to the fast lane someone crossed over right in  front of me to make a right turn.  Once was couple of days ago and I managed.  The other time was in another state and on a divided 4 lane highway.  I was clipping right along and suddenly out of nowhere someone was crossing over right in front of me.  This scenario played out with squealing brakes and me maneuvering across lanes like a professional race driver.  I credit the good Lord for guiding me that day.  Wow, gives me chills. 
      November 22, 2019 6:04 AM MST

I slow down to get to the next lane and get behind the car blocking my move; I don't cut in front of them by speeding up.  I'm polite.
      November 22, 2019 7:35 AM MST

I love thee. Happy Friday!
    ~
      November 22, 2019 8:15 AM MST

I love thee too.  Happy F. 
      November 22, 2019 8:17 AM MST

Hey, wait a second . . . 
    ~
      November 22, 2019 8:17 AM MST

I back into parking spaces 100% of the time, or pull through if it's that kind of lot.  It creates the safest way to exit a parking space.  
      November 22, 2019 5:58 PM MST

Unless it's angled parking, right?
      November 22, 2019 7:40 PM MST

If it's on a street I can't back in, but I haven't seen that type parking in a long time.  If it's in a parking lot I manage to and with my little car it's not a problem.  I'm having to train the public; young people don't understand what it means in a parking lot if you turn on your blinker and put your car in reserve.  They'll learn because I have time to sit there until they figure it out.  :)
      November 22, 2019 11:55 PM MST