Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Americans don't just vote with their heads they vote with their hearts". Really? Why would anyone with a heart vote for a man without one?

"Americans don't just vote with their heads they vote with their hearts". Really? Why would anyone with a heart vote for a man without one?

Posted - November 24, 2019

Responses

Americans also vote with their feet. And more people are leaving CA than any other state.
      November 24, 2019 7:47 AM MST

• Just say that people vote for many different reasons and let it go at that. Some of the reasons that people choose one candidate over another are downright ludicrous, due to the fact that most American voters, when pressed to do so, can't give you one fact about the American System of government or the history of the same. We're drowning in information daily, yet we remain the most uninformed electorate in the world. 
      November 24, 2019 7:51 AM MST

Technically over half of them don't vote at all.  A vast majority of those who do vote have no clue as to what they're doing.  They let themselves be swayed by other people's opinions (i.e. facebook posts), they vote party lines (no matter what), they believe what the talking heads on TV "news" shows say (which is nothing than those people's opinions), and so forth.  In other words, they don't look carefully at both sides of an argument, they let someone else do it for them (so much easier that way).  Then, after all is said and done, they kvetch.
      November 24, 2019 10:08 AM MST

I am a due diligence person. I vote in ALL elections and I spend time researching candidates. I am proud to be a FIRST GENERATION AMERICAN and there is so little asked of me. Voting is a priority. Those who don't vote are queer peculiar and not patriotic in my opinion. I don't CARE if you are not in love with a candidate. VOTE for the one who is most nearly acceptable. A NO VOTE is a vote for the opposition. What fools these mortals be. They have the power in their hands to change things they do not like by VOTING and they don't. I will never understand. Lazy bums. What else? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! I have never been a lazy bum and unless I am bedridden and immobilzed I will always vote. We vote by mail so we don't even need to leave the house fer cryin' out loud! :)
      November 24, 2019 11:05 AM MST