Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Global Warming is not occurring at the same rate worldwide. What affects it from geographical location to geographical location?

Global Warming is not occurring at the same rate worldwide. What affects it from geographical location to geographical location?

Posted - November 28, 2019

Responses

Technically it has to happen at the same rate, however the effects of it differ from place to place (i.e. there are no ice caps in the tropics to melt, nor are there any forests in the arctic).  This may make it appear that it is happening at different rates.  
      November 28, 2019 9:23 AM MST

They mentioned a place (I forget where) where the effects of Global Warming were occurring at twice the rate of other places Shuhak. I wish I'd noted it. Icebergs in some areas are melting at a faster pace. Also there is someplace (again I can't remember) whose existence is critical for balance. I don't know if it is a rain forest or a lagoon or an island or a huge coral reef beneath the sea. If it is completely disrupted the ripple effect around the world will be devastating. I wish I had better info but from that might you glean where it is? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. This post was edited by RosieG at November 28, 2019 9:41 AM MST
      November 28, 2019 9:36 AM MST