Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Shipping and trucking were never created. Never existed. What would 2019 look llike worldwide?

Shipping and trucking were never created. Never existed. What would 2019 look llike worldwide?

Posted - December 5, 2019

Responses

I think it would look like about 30,000 years ago when hominids were smacking the Black Monolith with bones on the plains of the Serengeti.

"Trucking" very loosely defined means hauling goods be way of a wheeled vehicle. That technology goes back thousands of years.

"Shipping", as in building boats and traveling in them, is likely even older and probably predates fixed agricultural settlements.

December 5, 2019 12:35 PM MST

Would such a 2019 include the possibility of a 4D? FYI 4D is

Ding
    Dong
    Dementia
    Don

or
    Doofus
    Dumbell
    Duplicitous
    Dipstick

or whatever you could come up with that would similarly truthtell.
      December 5, 2019 2:23 PM MST

Ah, while I was aware 4D was a reference to Donald Trump, I wasn't sure what the literal translation(s) was(were).

Thank you for clarifying.
      December 5, 2019 2:29 PM MST

For one thing ... there would be no "20 mule team" Borax.  lol

December 5, 2019 2:01 PM MST

Reductio ad absurdum Walt? That's the first thing you thought of? Okey dokey. Now that you got that off your chest let's be serious. What would YOUR 2019 life be like had there never been shipping or trucking? Thank you for your reply m'dear.
      December 5, 2019 2:25 PM MST

Chances are ... if there had never been shipping/trucking ... the vast majority of people would never have been born.
    Humanity would still exist at a low agricultural level. 
    Lower than any ancient civilization, as even they required transport of food (and other goods) over distances to support their cities.
    Lifespans would be incredibly short, due to lack of medicines and nutrition.
      December 6, 2019 8:00 AM MST

Wow Walt! The world population currently exceeds in excess of 7 BILLION. What d'ya think it would have been elsewise otherwise? So on the one hand the quality of life might be better in terms of people-to-people relating without electric electronic thingy gizmos to get in the way and take up their time. But life would be very short. I'd miss electricity and gas. After that I'd miss the internet. I'm a homer. Rarely go out except to the market with Jim or of course doctor/dental appointments. I'm not a gadabout. I spend lotsa  time in the kitchen cooking and also on the computer chatting, researching, emailing, playing my favorite "board game" off line called Bespelled. That's my life. I have an old desk top computer. Nothing with bells and whistles that hiss and jingle and bubble and boil. I think those who are hooked up to or hooked in to all that gadgety whizbang thingamajiggy whatnots would have a harder time adjusting to doing without. But I wouldn't want to test it. Thank you for your thoughtful answer and Happy Friday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 6, 2019 8:39 AM MST
      December 6, 2019 8:37 AM MST

December 6, 2019 1:04 PM MST