Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Which GOP senators will turn on Trump first. (They will) Whom you want for your pick? (don't pick Lindsey just YET)

Which GOP senators will turn on Trump first. (They will) Whom you want for your pick? (don't pick Lindsey just YET)

I think Romney is definitely going to vote to impeach.

The rest?  

Posted - December 7, 2019

Responses

Ultimately, I don't think any of them will.

Media reports suggest even Senators who might be inclined to vote to convict Trump on the merits of the evidence are very afraid of the Orange Cult Leader's base, who are the most hardcore GOP voters.

Standing with Trump guarantees them cushy jobs down the road as lobbyists or talking heads on Fox News. Voting against Trump means being ignored at best, or being yelled at by random White Supremacy Warriors at the local Walgreens at worst.

Which do you think they'll choose?

December 7, 2019 11:34 AM MST

I think they are hedging their bets.   Just like you do.  I think we may be in for a few surprises because Trump is getting worse and worse?  And he is not done being worse and worse.  He has more insanity up his sleeve.  

IF he stopped all his nonsense (picture it) and behaved himself for the next year?  Then he might have a chance.  But you forget.  He is insane.  

Don't forget.  He is insane.
      December 7, 2019 12:40 PM MST

You want to talk abouit insane?  Trump's latest complaint is that the light bulbs the media uses make him look orange.  He also went on a rant about people needing to flush their toilets 10-15 times because there isn't enough water.  

"Donald Trump has complained about new light bulbs which supposedly make him look orange and flushing toilets, during a rambling monologue.

At a small-business roundtable meeting, the president went off on a tangent about the bulbs and claimed people have to flush toilets 10 to 15 times because they “don’t get any water”.

“They got rid of the lightbulb that people got used to. The new bulb is many times more expensive and I hate to say it, it doesn’t make you look as good,” Mr Trump said.

“Of course, being a vain person, that’s very important to me. It’s like - it gives you an orange look. I don’t want an orange look.”

"You turn on the faucet; you don’t get any water. They take a shower and water comes dripping out. It’s dripping out - very quietly dripping out. People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once," he said.

"You go into a new building or a new house or a new home, and they have standards, 'Oh, you don’t get water.'"

Mr Trump added: "For the most part, you have many states where they have so much water that it comes down - it’s called rain… they don’t know what to do with it."

December 7, 2019 3:09 PM MST

If any turn, Mitt Romney will be first. He is just mad that he lost and Trump won. 
      December 7, 2019 12:52 PM MST

Boy is that ever reaching.  By that token Guiliani is going to jail because he was mad he wasn't picked as AG.    And he was real mad that he was not in the Presidential running either.  AGAIN.    So, maybe RUDY will be next?  I know he will.  He is not a Senator, but he will do more damage to Trump than the whole senate.
      December 7, 2019 12:55 PM MST

Romney did not even endorse Trump.  But Trump did endorse Romney. 

Rudy would have been better than Sessions and would have saved millions of our tax money.
      December 7, 2019 1:25 PM MST

Perhaps he should be mad.

In 2012 Willard lost to Obama 65 million to 61 million

In 2016 Trump lost to Satan's Representative on Earth 65 million to 63 million.

Yet Trump got to eat hamberders and drink cofeve in the White House.

If I were Willard, I'd be a bit miffed...
      December 7, 2019 2:38 PM MST

It is a difference of 2 million...so I do not know why he would be miffed. He lost because he is a east coast Rep.= liberal. How do you run against Obamacare when you passed Romneycare in your state?  And he was such a flip flopper he made John Kerry look constistant.  (Mr I voted for it, before I voted against it)
      December 7, 2019 2:52 PM MST

Isn't Willard a rat?
      December 7, 2019 3:03 PM MST

Mitt Romney's full name is Willard Mitt Romney.

And, yes, Willard is a rat...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willard_(1971_film)
      December 7, 2019 5:08 PM MST

Why is it always the "he's mad because he lost" argument rather than someone sees Trump for the charlatan he is?  
      December 7, 2019 3:02 PM MST