Active Now

Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Uh-oh! Allegedly Senator Elizabeth Warren was once a consultant FOR A CORPORATION involved in a pollution case! How does that help her?.

Uh-oh! Allegedly Senator Elizabeth Warren was once a consultant FOR A CORPORATION involved in a pollution case! How does that help her?.

Was she just another self-righteous pompous "holier than thou" who said she was always for the little guy but turns out it was a lie?

So much for virtue hypocrisy and self-righteous.

Of course she is no match for don the john.

Now the adoring base love the fact that don john "games the system" and pays no income taxes. They believe that is the right of all very rich people and they don't mind being screwed by the "best" people. Not at all. They aspire to be like them in fact. SIGH. In the end que sera sera right?

Posted - December 10, 2019

Responses

ok
      December 11, 2019 6:03 PM MST

If you are hoping for a "purer than the driven snow" Presidential candidate to emerge so that you can vote for him or her with zero reservations, you will be waiting for a very long time.

Perhaps under a more responsive less money-soaked political system, we could have less-tainted candidates emerge from the polity, but that's not the system we have.

We are stuck having to evaluate the candidates we get, warts and all. Now, if one candidate has 7 warts and the other has 5,000+ warts, I think that tells us something about those candidates beyond "Well, all the candidates have warts, so what's the point?"
      December 10, 2019 7:19 AM MST

She started the Consumer Protection Union Agency whateverly didn't she before she got into politics? She has made enemies with the big boy money-hungrey hoor wise with her proposed additional WEALTH tax. She told us of her modest beginnings and her struggles to get educated and her hard time finding a babysitter. She sold herself as one of the "little people" SP. A champion for the weak the downtrodden the put upon the poor. Now we find out that at one time SHE WAS ONE OF THEM. Far be it from me to demand purity in anyone. But this particular pitch from this particular woman who once upon a time argued cases for a corporation involved in pollution? How far afield from "one of the little people" can you get than that SP? It bothers me bigly because it takes a certain kind of hard a** pro who argues FOR the moneyed privilege elites and AGAINST the little people. Even once. Just my take on it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thy! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 10, 2019 7:27 PM MST
      December 10, 2019 7:54 AM MST

Yeah!
      December 10, 2019 10:54 AM MST

Yeah.  
      December 10, 2019 10:54 AM MST