Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » There are no ordinary moments. That is the essence of gratitude and that is something most athiests could teach us about.

There are no ordinary moments. That is the essence of gratitude and that is something most athiests could teach us about.

When you think this is everything, you kiss each moment.

Posted - December 10, 2019

Responses

I express my gratitude to the creator of all things. Atheists, in my opinion, haven't taken their thoughts back far enough.  Go back before humans, monkeys, dinosaurs, the first bacteria.  Go back to before the beginning.  How can anyone believe all this beauty and design just happened?  There is a designer, a creator...
      December 10, 2019 10:58 AM MST

In a backhanded way, you have copped to evolution, but do not sufficiently understand it. 
    The absence of proof for your claims speaks for itself, or rather, says nothing at all. It is curious that if a Creator ever existed, it went carefully out of it’s way to erase all evidence of itself. 

Suffice it to say all of the science, all of the evidence and every tittle and jot of testable proof demonstrates a universe that exists as it is without a creator. It takes merely an honest examination of the abundant data to defeat any cause to presume indefensible nonsense repeated from the imaginations of ignorant ancients. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 10, 2019 4:19 PM MST
      December 10, 2019 3:21 PM MST

There are no ordinary moments, unless You classify them as ordinary.
    What you do with your "time" is up to you.
    You hold the magic of every moment.

In my world, there are no ordinary moments. I have no time for ordinary.
    I make time extraordinary.

Being grateful is part of my extraordinary moments.  I am grateful and thankful every day that I am blessed with my mind and body.
    I am very appreciative of my tools and the package they came in.
    :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at December 10, 2019 4:02 PM MST
      December 10, 2019 11:41 AM MST

An "Incredible" Violet for you.  (that's what came up when I googled voilets)

December 10, 2019 12:30 PM MST

You are right. Once it becomes apparent that we cannot count on this mortal life being merely a dry run for an imaginary afterlife, that this one brief existence is all that we will ever have, the value of every moment, every second, should become instantly more precious. 

What hardened believers can not, or will not allow themselves to process, is that they’ve been gravely (and conspicuously) misled as to the basic realities of the world, and the nature of the life that inhabits it. The doctrines of the Parties of God unfailingly cheapen life, enforce ignorance, and impart a backward and fallacious worldview wholly dependent upon faith in the ravings of men who knew essentially nothing about the world.
    IMHO, this is not a position from which the true value of our limited time can be most effectively conveyed. 

It is imperative beyond words that we recognize and are duly grateful for how incredibly fortunate each and every one of us is to have ever lived at all, and that we cherish and exalt in every moment we have. Atheist out. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 10, 2019 7:19 PM MST
      December 10, 2019 3:38 PM MST

• There is much truth in what you say Barzini and because of that I choose wisely not to challenge you. I do know this though, I have lived long enough to sadly become aware that, be they believers or atheists, far too many people from both walks lack true understanding of life or of love and each ones value. I am a person of faith but was not always so. Over time the light of my faith has grown from a warm flicker to a full blown fire in my heart. I can speak only for myself but it has not narrowed my perceptions either intellectually or emotionally. I hope and trust that it has made me a far more caring person. And too, it has brought me profound peace. When I read someone's observations such as those expressed in your comment I always wonder what happened to my heart and mind that opened itself to a God and still managed to keep room for common sense and humanity as well. Wonder why I am the antithesis of what you describe.
      December 10, 2019 7:19 PM MST

You may have noticed I am not adverse to people believing in what resonates with them; I totally believe in the power of the individual to sort out their spirituality, find their own “truth“,  and live happily in their own way. (As long as no one suffers for it.)

But I hold the lowest regard for the actual belief doctrines themselves, those that instill patently false, nonsensical claims about life, history and the world. We could go on at length about talking snakes, fake floods, executing homosexuals, and self-contradicting scriptures, but they aren’t truly relevant to why people choose faith. I wish you well in the path you have put before you. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 10, 2019 8:18 PM MST
      December 10, 2019 7:52 PM MST