Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Business » How many sets of books are you keeping? (And why are there more than one?)

How many sets of books are you keeping? (And why are there more than one?)

Posted - December 28, 2019

Responses

• Too many.  I even got rid of everything that isn't a reference book.  All the fiction gone and there is still too much space being wasted.
      December 28, 2019 6:29 AM MST

Why do so many of you assume that I’m referring to books that we read, as in fiction/non-fiction. I’m referring to business-related books for keeping track of money that can be audited and for that reason some might have one set of legitimate books and another set of “cooked” books. 
      I’ve just edited the post to clarify it. 
    ~
      December 28, 2019 7:45 PM MST

• All of them. :) I just bought a pristine set of Proust's In Search of Lost Time, as a matter of fact. I should probably get rid of some sets, but I can't seem to part with books. 
      December 28, 2019 1:54 PM MST

Why do so many of you assume that I’m referring to books that we read, as in fiction/non-fiction. I’m referring to business-related books for keeping track of money that can be audited and for that reason some might have one set of legitimate books and another set of “cooked” books. 
      I’ve just edited the post to clarify it. 
    ~
      December 28, 2019 7:45 PM MST

If it's got anything to do with numbers and not words, I can't deal with that s**t. As a matter of fact, I can't even deal with words anymore either. The business and numbers stuff I keep far away from me. These days, I don't have the capacity to deal with math of any kind.
      December 28, 2019 7:59 PM MST

Two. They add up the same so nothing illegal. But I use excel to keep track of inventory and my check book etc. And I use Quickbooks as well. It is easier for tax reports (payroll/income tax) etc. So I enter the same information in both programs. 
      January 26, 2020 9:38 AM MST