Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are you always chasing something, something that seems right there in your grasp, yet you never seem to be able to catch it?

Are you always chasing something, something that seems right there in your grasp, yet you never seem to be able to catch it?

Posted - December 29, 2019

Responses

December 29, 2019 8:42 AM MST

That's because you're not right with God (or so the "Prosperity Gospel" preachers would have you believe)...
      December 29, 2019 9:37 AM MST

I happen to agree with them in theory.  I don't believe their facts.  I believe in KARMA.  Same thing.  If you screw with the Big Kahuna, you pay the piper down the road. That's where the Evangelicals and I differ.  They think this Earth is their playground and destroying it brings their Redemption Armageddon where God is gonna wipe the unclean non-believers WHO H# MADE IN HIS OWN IMAGE, off the face of the Earth to burn in Hell. While those who voted for not killing babies is the KEY to their Salvation.

Don't you think that God has a better idea than that one?  I think God is patient and amazingly wise and he is not in favor of wasting a thing, including any living soul.  This is a learning ground and we will keep returning to it until we get the LESSONS.  

Both examples are unproven.  But doesn't my way sound al little more GOD -LIKE IN THE END?   The God I see says LOVE ALL SERVE ALL for a reason.  He ain't killing anyone and putting them in eternal flames.  LOL  Maybe a hundred lifetimes of suffering, some people like Trump are slow learners.  But not eternal.  Even Charlie Manson gets a chance somewhere down the line. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 29, 2019 10:01 AM MST
      December 29, 2019 9:47 AM MST

One of my relatives looked at another way:  if you are "right with God" you will have Abundance. Where the Prosperity Gospel teachers get it wrong is that Abundance does NOT mean a new private jet. Abundance means having plenty of love and peace in your life.
      December 29, 2019 10:05 AM MST

Rant. 

Reported. 
    ~
      December 29, 2019 10:12 AM MST

Nope
      December 29, 2019 9:12 AM MST

What about that dream of yours that Donald Trump is a normal person and not a  con artist, scammer who is driving the world into chaos?  What about that?  Does that count? 
      December 29, 2019 9:13 AM MST

Lucky you...
      December 29, 2019 9:30 AM MST