Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Would a pro Bobby Kennedy ever support a George Wallace? Why would a pro Bernie Sanders ever support a dumb don john?

Would a pro Bobby Kennedy ever support a George Wallace? Why would a pro Bernie Sanders ever support a dumb don john?

Posted - January 13, 2020

Responses

Many Sanders supporters voters voted for Trump. Polls even show the percentage was high enough to have gave the win in some of the "Blue Wall" states toTrump.

DNC should not have cheated for Hillary....they were ticked off. 
    I know some of these voters. 
      January 13, 2020 5:16 AM MST

While I am not defending what happened, reporting I've read suggests one of the legacies of the Obama years is that the DNC ended up almost broke. The only thing really keeping it going in 2015-2016 was money from the HRC campaign.

Had the DNC not "cheated for Hilary" it would have had almost no money to support a hypothetical candidate Sanders campaign, or to help candidates in congressional or local races.

As Will Rogers reportedly once said, "I don't belong to an organized political party. I am a Democrat." This post was edited by SaltyPebble at January 13, 2020 6:58 AM MST
      January 13, 2020 6:58 AM MST

In no way was Hillary cheated. Her thumb was on the scale from the get go. Sander run was not "hyperthetical".  Donna Brazil admitted to the dirty, underhanded tricks to install a vagina in the whitehouse. Yes...that's correct. Trying to be another first and jam the first woman president down our throats. The most flawedd woman they could find. I would happily vote for a Warren or Gabbard. This post was edited by Jon at January 13, 2020 7:27 AM MST
      January 13, 2020 7:22 AM MST

That is specifically WHY I asked the question m2c. I see no relationship whatsoever between those who wanted Bernie and those who adore dumb don. None. Also it was implied that when Bobby Kennedy was assassinated George Wallace got some of his supporters. That is also unbelievable to me. Who are these people anyway? It is so illogical I cannot fathom it and therefore I cannot find any RATIONAL REASONABLE SENSIBLE COHERENT LOGICAL SANE ARTICULATE HUMA HUMANE reason for it. Sorry. Dumb don supporters are a different species from me absolutely. So too are George Wallace supporters. Different world. Different universe. Different character. Different motives. Different brainspan and brainscans and heartbeats and DNA and genes. WAY DIFFRUNT!. This post was edited by RosieG at January 13, 2020 8:02 AM MST
      January 13, 2020 7:16 AM MST

The actial number of Sanders supporters who  voted for Trump is  smaller than you lead it to believe. I too am a die hard Sanders supporter and know many of those who support Bernie. You are correct that we were pissed (and still are) at how the DNC did and stil does try to keep Bernie down. Trust me when I say this, those who did vote for Trump regret doing so and it will not happen again. If the lead was as small as what you appear to indicate, that "Blue  wall" will be put up faster than Trump's wall and Mexico won't be paying for it. This post was edited by Jon at January 13, 2020 7:21 AM MST
      January 13, 2020 7:20 AM MST

How on earth could ONE Bernie person ever vote for dumb don JG? I just can't believe it. SIGH. Happy Monday.
      January 13, 2020 7:23 AM MST

He laid hands on them and cured their cataracts. Remind me to share that story straight from one of those poor, lost soul's mouth
      January 13, 2020 7:28 AM MST

SAY WHAT? Oy vey! Okey dokey. I'm here all the time. When you have time I'm all ears so to speak. Thank you for your reply JG. Geez. What next?
      January 13, 2020 7:32 AM MST

Dislike of the establishment and mad that DNC cheated Bernie.
      January 13, 2020 7:57 AM MST

Except that Trump turned out to be 1000% pro-establishment. Ever ask why anti-establishment republicans voted for Trump rather than the others from that huge field of candidates and now, those same establishment candidates who despised Trump now kiss his butt? It's very simple. Trump appointed the head of Mobil\Exxon as well as 4 members if Goldman-Sachs into cabinet positions not to mention all of the others. A reality TV star from a corporate broadcasting network seeking ratings is the epitome of pro-establishment.  This post was edited by Jon at January 13, 2020 8:42 AM MST
      January 13, 2020 8:17 AM MST

Figgers.
      January 13, 2020 8:26 AM MST

So it was a "take revenge" vote? They threw away their vote on dumb don to spite the DNC? How stupid was that? Thank you for your reply m2c. Of course I'm gonna ask a question about it.
      January 13, 2020 8:45 AM MST

Some did, some went to the "Russian agent" Jill Stein, some did not vote and the majority voted for Hillary. 
      January 13, 2020 1:43 PM MST

Various autopsies of the 2016 election suggest the main issue was not Sanders supporters who voted for Trump. It was previous Obama supporters who didn't vote at all or who voted 3rd-party.

For example, if all the people in the Detroit, MI area who supported Obama in 2008 had shown up for HRC in 2016, that would have reversed the Michigan result and given the state's electoral votes to Clinton.

That wouldn't have been enough to flip the election, but if you multiply that result by several other cities in key states, and it's likely an Obama-like turnout would have given HRC the presidency.

Some analyses suggest the 2020 Electoral College distribution is skewed similarly as 2016, giving Trump a solid change to win reelection. However, I think if turnout is similar to 2018, then the Democratic candidate will probably emerge victorious.
      January 13, 2020 7:31 AM MST

:):):)
      January 13, 2020 7:32 AM MST

Yet....there were more votes cast in 2016 than in any other election. Voters did turnout and Trump won the elections. (State elections)

2020 will come down to 4 states: Michigan, Penn, Wisconsin and Florida.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 13, 2020 7:55 AM MST
      January 13, 2020 7:53 AM MST

You are correct. Previous Obama voters did vote the third party or not at all.

One thing the DNC can do is to cease the practice of superdelegates, immediately.

I cannot imagine any self-respecting, Social-democrat Bernie supporter putting their vote behind a pro-authoritarian, fascist, anti-regulatory candidate. The instances, while they happened, of that having happened are rare indeed.
      January 13, 2020 8:46 AM MST

No. I know many 2 time Obama voters (I am from southern Ill) and everyone I know voted Trump. So no not all voted 3rd or no vote. 
    In fact, Trump is the first candidate we were all united in supporting.
      January 13, 2020 9:17 AM MST

I just know what the polls claim. (10% of Sanders voters went for Trump) 
    I only know 2 Sanders supporters from 2016 who I know if they turned into a Trump voter. Both are on this site. You and one other. You are not a Trump voter, the other has told me they did vote for Trump.  
    That is all I have to go on. 

Yes, the "Blue Wall" states will Florida will decide this time as well.  (Mich, Penn, Wis and Flor)
    Remember I told you. :)

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/545812242/1-in-10-sanders-primary-voters-ended-up-supporting-trump-survey-finds 

This post was edited by my2cents at January 13, 2020 8:00 AM MST
      January 13, 2020 7:50 AM MST

The polls also said that Hillary would win by a landslide.
      January 13, 2020 8:11 AM MST

Touche!

Just like that long-ago headline  DEWEY WINS! When it Was Truman who done won. :)
      January 13, 2020 8:27 AM MST

True. Polls are good for seeing a trend but not so much for predicting.  So much is based on how they word the question most times.
    And they were correct in popular vote totals but that is not how we elect POTUS here.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 14, 2020 2:40 AM MST
      January 13, 2020 9:14 AM MST

:):):)
      January 14, 2020 2:40 AM MST