Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What did you accomplish when you were 17? Know what Wolf Cuckier, NASA intern did?

What did you accomplish when you were 17? Know what Wolf Cuckier, NASA intern did?

He discovered a new planet on his third day there. Almost 7 times larger than earth it's designation is
TOI 1338 b.

Ever hear of TESS? It is the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite and Wolf was looking at that and noticed something else.

Think he might become a mover and shaker?

Posted - January 13, 2020

Responses

He got lucky.
      January 14, 2020 5:31 PM MST

Seriously E? You attribute it to LUCK? Not intelligence or curiosity or imagination or creativity or or or or or? Just to LUCK? Hmm. An attitude that surprises me. If YOU were he and YOU accomplished what he did would  YOU sluff off anyone's attempt at praising you and simply say "it was dumb luck"? Different strokes. Ya know what. I'm gonna ask a question about this. It's very hard for some folks to praise the accomplishments of others and I'd like to know why. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at January 15, 2020 7:07 AM MST
      January 15, 2020 3:45 AM MST

He did not invent the technology that enables astronomers to detect planets in other systems. He just happened to be there at the right time. It could have been anyone. If that were me and someone asked me about how I did it, I would say "I got lucky.".
      January 15, 2020 7:11 AM MST