Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I sure feel better after I giggle or laugh. You too? How come homo saps aren't funnier? How come we don't keep one another in stitches?

I sure feel better after I giggle or laugh. You too? How come homo saps aren't funnier? How come we don't keep one another in stitches?

Laughter is the best medicine. Maybe temporarily but so what? Isn't temporary "better" better than never?

So many folks are always dour and sour and furious and become unhinged because of whatever steel rod is up their a** at the moment.

Why not make laughter a goal and those who are funny our role models? What could it hurt? For a change?

Posted - January 14, 2020

Responses

Some people have no sense of humor.  It's simply their personality.  It's excessively hard to get that kind of person to laugh - no  matter how hard one tries.  You can tell them jokes, be witty, do improv, parodies or satire... but they they just sit there, emotionless.  (sadly, I have several people like this in my family).
    Some people can't relate to the humor subject.  It's hard to find humor about working in an office funny if one has never worked in an office (much like the comic strip Dilbert).
    Some humor goes over some people's head.  They need to be wearing platform shoes to get it.  
    Some people don't get (or like) certain types of humor.  For example...    

It may sound strange, but I enjoy making people laugh (I've been told many times that if it wasn't for my extreme shyness I'd have made a great stand-up comic).
      January 14, 2020 5:53 PM MST

Geez Shuhak didja ever think that becoming a stand-up comic WOULD HAVE CURED YOUR SHYNESS? I've read that some/many entertainers throw up before every performance from nerves. But they still go on and they've said once on stage it melts away and they're just fine. It's just that waiting anticipating that takes a toll. Anyway I love to laugh or giggle. Even in the darkest times a giggle can relieve the burden if only temporarily. As for the cartoon strip I love it on both levels. Surface and underlying. I love irony. I love poetic justice. I despise hypocrisy and a refusal to own up to it. But I'm pretty sure by now you know that! Thank you for your repy and the graphic. :)
      January 15, 2020 4:30 AM MST

I cannot handle crowds of people; too overwhelming!  (panic attacks, anxiety attacks, and other problems).  I do best one-on-one - if (and only if) I feel comfortable around a person.  
      January 15, 2020 10:51 AM MST