Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Your mind can be your greatest ally or your worst enemy. It either tears you down or builds you up. What does yours do for and to you?

Your mind can be your greatest ally or your worst enemy. It either tears you down or builds you up. What does yours do for and to you?

Posted - January 14, 2020

Responses

My is my worst enemy.  While it is filled with fantastic worlds and words, it loves to tear me down.  It's favorite word is 'can't'.  All my life I've constantly beat myself up over things that I've done or failed to do (whether or not I had control over them).   That, combined with other situations in my life, led to major depression.  
      January 14, 2020 2:45 PM MST

I am so sorry to hear that m'dear. I am convinced my mind pulled me through Stage 3 cancer. I was given at 14% chance of surviving it 5 years. My surgery was January 2008. Starting in March I had six months of INTENSIVE CHEMO and 25 days of radiation. Never once in all that time did I ever doubt I'd pull through. Not once. I was not afraid at all. Now can I prove it was my mind that did it? Of course I can't. But I know full well it didn't hurt and it also gave me a life during all that time where not once did I ever ask "why me" or feel sorry for myself or cry. I KNEW there'd be no need. It's my experience that VISUALIZING SUCCESS is a very smart thing to do. What could it hurt? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Of course I have not walked in your shoes or your path so I have no way of knowing what true depression is or whatever other things you've experienced in your life that I have not. I can only speak for what I've experienced. :)
      January 15, 2020 4:14 AM MST

Yes!...

January 14, 2020 2:56 PM MST

Your yes is based upon a cockatoo? Oh my. Thank you for your reply SP and the video. Which brings up another question which I shall ask.
      January 15, 2020 4:16 AM MST

January 14, 2020 3:00 PM MST

Life is an illusion.
      January 15, 2020 4:16 AM MST