Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What's the hottest hot in existence? Lava or burning forest fires? What's the temperature in HE** I wonder?

What's the hottest hot in existence? Lava or burning forest fires? What's the temperature in HE** I wonder?

Do those who end up there keep roasting on spits for eternity without ever burning up and ending up as cinders ash? Inquiring minds wanna know these things.

How hot is the hottest hot recorded on earth? Is it hotter out there somewhere in space elsewhere?

Posted - January 17, 2020

Responses

The hottest temperature in the entire universe is 5.5 trillion degrees Kelvin (9.9 trillion degrees F).  You may be surprised to know that this temperature occurred right here on good ol' planet earth.  No, not in Death Valley or in the Sahara desert, but at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.  (yep, it was created artificially).

Theoretically, the highest temperature possible is 142 nonillion degrees Kelvin.

Don't confuse 'hot' with 'fire'.  Fire can only reach a temperature of 3000 C (3273 K).  Heat is energy that can be transferred from one source to another.  Fire is just combustion.

When heat is released, something must change (thermodynamics states mate cannot be lost).  Some people use natural gas to heat their home.  The natural gas (which is mostly methane) combusts releasing heat.  As the gas combusts (burns), the gas itself is changes from natural gas into carbon dioxide and water vapor.  On a larger scale, our sun fuses hydrogen into helium (nuclear fusion).  This change releases energy (heat, light, etc.).

Given this, the fires of hell you refer to cannot be physical fire. Otherwise those who go there would be consumed (combusted) and turn into some other chemical.  Hell is punishment on another level (beyond our comprehension).  However, fire is something our physical minds can understand.
      January 17, 2020 10:23 AM MST

(Kelvins)
      January 17, 2020 10:59 AM MST

Wow Shuhak! Thank you for your very thoughtful and information-filled reply. Some of it is way over my head of course. Well mebbe the pain of burning would be constant for the he** dwellers but it would be a magic fire because it would never consume them. I wonder how long homo saps can be in agony before they pass out in real life? In he** ideally they'd never "pass out" and never be able to escape the agonizing excruciating pain. He** should be a very painful unpleasant place and maybe it would be different for everyone. I hope I never find out! :)
      January 18, 2020 2:22 AM MST