Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » I have a problem. When I go to get on Answermug or anything internet, the prompt says It won't connect. WHY??? Do I have to buy a new one

I have a problem. When I go to get on Answermug or anything internet, the prompt says It won't connect. WHY??? Do I have to buy a new one

Posted - January 30, 2020

Responses

• Use another browser, the usual browser I use on my phone stopped working a couple of days ago. Do you have an iPhone?
      January 30, 2020 4:34 PM MST

We went through this already.  I don't want you to go through the iphone nightmare again with me.

I'll try another browser.  I tried that yesterday but to no avail, then I fell asleep.  I'll try again.  I'm going to buy a new keyboard and see if that is it.  My computer is old.  About 12 years old but it is a Toshiba and it is amazingly sturdy. I have put it through hell and back.  
      January 30, 2020 4:54 PM MST

• When did we go through this? Lol. Just try another browser first, that only takes two seconds, GAWD. 
      January 30, 2020 4:56 PM MST

You can try going into settings/network & internet settings and run the troubleshooter. Sometimes this helps. This 'no connection' issue was happening to me a lot and even though the troubleshooter said I was connected, I was not. I wrote down my solution and now I can't find my note. I think it was something like disconnecting and re-connecting to my network. I don't think you need a new computer. 
      January 30, 2020 5:00 PM MST

Sorry sweetie. I finally had to give up my 12 year old and buy a new one. May she rest in piece.
      January 30, 2020 5:56 PM MST

I only seem to have that happen sometimes at work.  Hasn't happened on my home laptop.  
      January 31, 2020 9:43 AM MST

A fault with the equipment itself, or software, would affect all use, not a single website.

I have had problems with some sites but those proved to be the owners not having up-dated them to meet current security protocols - it says.  
      February 10, 2020 1:50 PM MST

Ugh. Only one thing worse than having computer problems and that's having to read about other people's. And people wonder why I hired a light aircraft just to drop my old computer on the rocks around Ope Cove from 15,000 feet.
      February 13, 2020 7:19 AM MST